A Publishing Milestone from the Northampton Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'm very excited to announce the publication of Jeremiah Burroughs' "Moses' Choice." This is a 704 page book on the verses from Hebrews, "Moses chose to suffer affliction with the people of God rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season." This book has been completely retypeset and edited. It is obviously not abridged.

This is the best book I've ever read on suffering, affliction, and self-denial. This is the followup book to Burroughs' "Moses' Self-Denial," which was published by Soli Deo Gloria a few years ago.

The original 1641 edition from which this book was retyped cost me over $600. The retail price on this book will be $45. Your cost is $30 plus shipping.

This is a limited edition printing, due to the cost to publish. We will publish only 1,000 copies and then it will be out of print. I've had the text ready to publish since 2012, but we never had enough money until now, thanks to a very unexpected and generous gift from a lover of our books.

As soon as the shopping cart for this book is ready I'll apprise you so you can order. I expect this book to be ready to ship by November 8.

Don, I am very much looking forward to this. Congratulations on this substantial work. A new edition of Burroughs is always a cause for rejoicing. May the Lord greatly bless the sell of this book for His glory.

The book is at the printers now and is due to leave there Nov. 7. We're having some trouble with our webstore so the shopping cart is not yet up and ready. However you can order now by check. $38, which includes shipping. Northampton Press, PO Box 781135, Orlando, FL 32878-1135. Remember, this is a limited edition reprint.

The book is at the printers now and is due to leave there Nov. 7. We're having some trouble with our webstore so the shopping cart is not yet up and ready. However you can order now by check. $38, which includes shipping. Northampton Press, PO Box 781135, Orlando, FL 32878-1135. Remember, this is a limited edition reprint.

May I ask about cost/shipping to Canada?

I'll just say double what it would be to the US. It may be a little bit more than that since it has to go air mail. And if you send a check from outside the US it must be drawn on a US bank in US dollars. It may be easier to send an international postal money order.

International postage even to Canada is horrible. The padded envelope which may not work for larger books is getting toward $26 and the next thing is the medium box which is now $50. Outside North American its just horrible with the box now in the $70s.

May I ask about cost/shipping to Canada?
And if you send a check from outside the US it must be drawn on a US bank in US dollars. It may be easier to send an international postal money order.
I understand Reformation Heritage Books will stock it. They accept credit cards online and have good international shipping options. Getting these quality books through them would be a good option for people outside the USA.
International postage even to Canada is horrible.
Imagine what it is like to New Zealand "down under"!

Postage for this book to Canada is $26.25 US. Some of my customers in Canada have me ship to a US address and then get it from their friends. Just a thought.

I have no idea what it must be like to be upside down all the time. ;)
Well it is funny that as a child, I reflected on the reason why my ancestors came from the United Kingdom to New Zealand, including one from Ballymena. My childhood reflection was that the world was like a ball. If you sat at the top of the ball you would be fine, but if you sat at the bottom of the ball you would fall off! Thus I reasoned that since in New Zealand we can safely walk on top of the ground, obviously people in the United Kingdom must be on the bottom. My childhood conclusion was that my ancestors left the United Kingdom because they kept 'falling off' the earth, and came to New Zealand where they could safely walk on top of the ground and not fall off!!

There is something unique about childhood logic :) :)

Our webstore and shopping cart is almost ready. The book is due here Nov.12. I'll post here as soon as you can order online.

Do keep us informed. I plan to order a copy and perhaps another for a friend.

Thus far I haven't seen mention of this new book on the Northampton web site. Have I just not looked in the right place?

We've had a number of problems with our website and webstore. They upgraded their system which broke our webstore. Right now we can't post the new title. We're working feverishly on it. It's problematic that we've got a new book that will be here next week and nobody can order it! You can by check, but nobody uses checks anymore. As soon as we can make a shopping cart item for this book I'll post it here.

Bookslover, RHB hasn't ordered any yet. Ed, I have no idea how to do a Logos version.

Don, I'm mailing a check to you tomorrow (11/12). I'm looking forward to reading this book. Also, I can't remember the last time I sent a check in the mail to order something. Heh.

I don't know about Logos, but this book is already available for Kindle on various websites such as Lulu, Amazon, etc. It is shipping to me 11/19, so for those of you who have ordered I'll send the books out Thanksgiving week.

I am told that if someone wants to order this book using a credit card they can do it directly through paypal without having to use our webstore (which is currently still broken). Payment could come to either Don Kistler Ministries or The Northampton Press in the amount of $38 ($30 for the book and $8 for the postage). I hope this works!

The book is due here next Monday, Nov. 25. It is working to order it directly through paypal. I've received a handful of orders that way. C'mon, Puritan Board. Order this PURITAN classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back