A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings All,

This is a short plug for an excellent book on the Puritans. I'm loving it! It's called:

by Joel R. Beeke & Mark Jones
You can also see the contents and read some excerpts at Amazon:
https://goo.gl/1MdSfB

I requested and received permission from the publisher to put a PDF of Chapter 6 - John Owen on Communion with the Triune God. Here’s the link:
www.reformed.org/files/A_Puritan_Theology.pdf

This chapter moved me in a deep way. See if it doesn’t put a longing in your heart too. The highlighted and red letter verses are by me.

Hi, Ed. The book has been out for about 4 1/2 years. I think it's been discussed on this forum in the past. You may find some of those posts helpful or informative. Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings All,

This is a short plug for an excellent book on the Puritans. I'm loving it! It's called:

I requested and received permission from the publisher to put a PDF of Chapter 6 - John Owen on Communion with the Triune God. Here’s the link:

This chapter moved me in a deep way. See if it doesn’t put a longing in your heart too. The highlighted and red letter verses are by me.

This is a fabulous resource.

Last edited:
I have had it for one year and it happens to be sitting on my desk right now! Great resource. Do you all think the relatively short chapters would lend themselves to teaching in a Sabbath school setting?

I think it would be doable. If a chapter proved too long or too involved for one week, it could always be broken up and covered in two sessions.

I think it would be doable. If a chapter proved too long or too involved for one week, it could always be broken up and covered in two sessions.

I agree. Looking over it more, I can easily see how a pastor could select ten or twenty of the chapters he felt were most helpful or pertinent for his people and turn them into an excellent Sabbath school series.

I think that would be an excellent idea! Plus, the newly published study guide would be helpful in thinking through how to frame the lessons and discussions.

**FIVE FREE COPIES**

I am enjoying this book so much I have decided to give away five copies to the first five people who request it. All I ask is that you have an honest desire to learn more about the Puritans and that a $50 book doesn't easily fit your budget at this time. Email me at [email protected] or contact me via the Puritan Board's messaging system. If you want to mention why you are interested in the book that's fine, but all you have to do is request a copy. (See below for version choices)

I almost forgot: If you prefer the eBook, or Logos version let me know. If several of you want the ebook version, I could afford to give away several more copies. Just mention which version you want: Hardcover, Kindle, or Logos and include a proper shipping address. For Logos, we will make other arrangements as I can't mail it to you.

Enjoy!

I love this Ed. I love doing things like that also. I have been blessed by others doing similar things for me. I have seen this type of thing bare much fruit brother. I agree with you, this book is worth owning and digesting slowly. I have a few different versions of it. Thanks for spurring others on.

**FIVE FREE COPIES**

I am enjoying this book so much I have decided to give away five copies to the first five people who request it. All I ask is that you have an honest desire to learn more about the Puritans and that a $50 book doesn't easily fit your budget at this time. Email me at [email protected] or contact me via the Puritan Board's messaging system. If you want to mention why you are interested in the book that's fine, but all you have to do is request a copy. (See below for version choices)

I almost forgot: If you prefer the eBook, or Logos version let me know. If several of you want the ebook version, I could afford to give away several more copies. Just mention which version you want: Hardcover, Kindle, or Logos and include a proper shipping address. For Logos, we will make other arrangements as I can't mail it to you.

Enjoy!
Wow! That is so awesome! Things like this always stir me - if you have been that blessed by it then it must be amazing!

Just an update to bring the thread back up top.

I now have a total of eight versions. Four hardcovers are on the way and four ebooks I can send as soon as they are requested. Only two people so far have taken me up on the offer. One ebook and one undecided as of this update. See post #11 for the offer.

**SOLD OUT**
The offer is now ended.

A total of 8 copies were ordered or shipped. Sorry if you didn't get a copy. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the kind words of thanks and encouragement.
Among those requesting a book were 2 teenagers, which is cause for rejoicing.

If you want to buy a copy for yourself, Reformation Heritage Books is the best place I found. https://goo.gl/xaC7Zu

Thanks to all!

Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back