A Puritan's Mind Needs to Raise a Final $50,000 to Make the Move Towards Full Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
For almost 20 years A Puritan's Mind has operated as a free site on the internet to glorify Jesus Christ in bringing Reformed Theology to the world. From that desire I have been able, over the last two years, to launch the Puritan Shop, republishing out of print puritan works as eBooks and print-on-demand books.

God has been exceedingly gracious to keep the work of A Puritan's Mind going. Some people have begun supporting A Puritan's Mind financially because they believe, as I do, that the ministry furthers the Gospel of Christ through republishing these Puritan and Reformed works, and in doing so it is worth this effort. In two years we've published over 130 puritan and reformed titles so far. This has not been easy, and over these last few years I've been working two full time jobs to support making this happen.

In looking to expand the work, about a year ago my parents gave A Puritan's Mind an acre of land to move to Tennessee, build a home, a production studio and transcription center to work full time on the ministry. Seeing that door open, I began saving what I needed to make that a reality in order to be able to work full time on these projects. As of today, I've managed to saved most of the cost to build on my own, but need a final $50,000 to finish the project. My intention is not only to have the transcription and publishing process continue, but also offer video series on various subjects. In order to do that I need a suitable place to film and edit so I can work on this full time.

In order to raise that money, I'm looking for 1000 people to support A Puritan's Mind with a $50 purchase of Puritan Books through the Puritan Shop. 100% of the proceeds will go to finish funding the project to build both the studio and editing center. I need your help to spread the word.

I am not asking you to simply give a donation. For your $50 the Puritan Shop will in turn give you 15 of our most popular books in eBook format as an instant download - this is regularly $150 if you bought them separately. And these include the two new Reformed workbooks in the Reformed Apprentice series.

Here are the 15 books for $50:

Covenant Theology Made Easy by C. Matthew McMahon
The Reformed Apprentice Workbook Volume 1 (on Reformed Theology) by C. Matthew McMahon
The Reformed Apprentice Workbook Volume 2 (on the Doctrine of Scripture) by C. Matthew McMahon
A Simple Overview of Covenant Theology by C. Matthew McMahon
The Two Wills of God by C. Matthew McMahon
A Discourse on Self Examination by Nathaniel Vincent
A Discourse on Covenant Theology and infant Baptism by Cuthbert Sydenham
The 1647 Westminster Confession of Faith (KJV)
The Covenant of Grace Opened by Samuel Rutherford
The Puritans on Exclusive Psalmody
The Covenant of Grace Opened by Thomas Hooker
The Calling, Rebellion and Punishment of Jonah by Henry Smith
A Treatise on God’s Grace and Man’s Free Will by William Perkins
The Spots of the Godly and of the Wicked by Jeremiah Burroughs
The Promises of God by Nicholas Byfield

Under the Lord's direction and providence I've spent many years building up A Puritan's Mind. But I am longing to take it to the next level and finally work on it full time. It is my heart's desire to put all my efforts into glorifying Christ through this ministry. "But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay," (Jeremiah 20:9).

Thank you for supporting the cause to continue to bring some of the best Puritan and Reformed literature back into print and have A Puritan's Mind go full time.

CLICK HERE

15 books for 50 bucks.jpg

Thanks brother!

With everything happening right now with work and health, the door seems to be swinging widely open in this direction. As the Lord wills!

I wonder if there even 1,000 active members on the PuritanBoard. I'm planning on giving tonight.

It's not a large amount to give especially when you get all those books. I believe you will find 1000 people to help you accomplish your task. I'm very grateful you have done all that you have done. I hope you are feeling better!

Matthew, have you considered making more bundles of different variety? I think there is no reason not to, since they are all in digital form.

What is the best way to do this from here - without the bank taking most of the money?

How much would you be asking for from us Brits?

Might it be an idea if several of us got together and sent one payment (that is a very unsubtle hint brothers and sisters)

Matthew, have you considered making more bundles of different variety? I think there is no reason not to, since they are all in digital form.

I second this. Though I recognize it's a good deal (and am grateful!), there are other Puritan works I would be more interested in personally. If I could choose the 15 that would be ideal!

What is the best way to do this from here - without the bank taking most of the money?

How much would you be asking for from us Brits?

Might it be an idea if several of us got together and sent one payment (that is a very unsubtle hint brothers and sisters)

You can pay via Paypal on A Puritan's Mind website - that's what I'll be doing.

I second this. Though I recognize it's a good deal (and am grateful!), there are other Puritan works I would be more interested in personally. If I could choose the 15 that would be ideal!

Yes. I'm working on doing more of those. I am going to bundle a number of the individual puritan sets (like all of William Perkins, etc.) and run a few of these in order to meet the goal.

I'll be working on more this week and will post them as I finish them.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Order the $50 special offer. Thanks and God's blessings upon your continued effort to republish these Puritan works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back