A question about Double Predestination

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB3K

Puritan Board Sophomore
OK I believe in a double predestination, because Romans teaches us so, but I think I am seeing it in Galatians Chapter 4. When Paul gives an allegory of the slave woman and the free woman. We know that whoever believes in Christ for the remission of sins was born from the free women, and those who do not have faith have been born from the slave women. THey are under the curse of the Law. We are under the grace of GOd by Christ through faith? But this really follows what Jesus says that we are not of this world, or those that are of satan are not the children of God, as we are whom believe.

Am I on the right path? Does Galatians in fact teach double predestination?

The bible teaches double predestination, so yes, Galatians teaches double predestination. :)

Yes I know the Bible teaches it, but can that passage in Galatians be a "proof text" to back up Romans 9? I want to know because I find myself in arguments against Arminians & Pelagians on youtube. It makes me so angry that while they "profess" faith, they make a mockery of God by limiting His power over His very own creation.
I am sick of their charge that the Gospel I believe is Calvinism.

Gal 4:22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and one by a free woman.
Gal 4:23 But the son of the slave was born according to the flesh, while the son of the free woman was born through promise.
Gal 4:24 Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar.
Gal 4:25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia; she corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
Gal 4:26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, "Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear; break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more than those of the one who has a husband."
Gal 4:28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.
Gal 4:30 But what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman shall not inherit with the son of the free woman."
Gal 4:31 So, brothers, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman.

No, this passage is about the inability of the Mosaic Law to grant the Abrahamic promise. Those who rely on the Law are in bondage and will be cast out.

Are you sure? Because when I read this I see that those who are not believers are children of the slave women. If they remain as prisoners of the law, doesn't that show they were predestined that way? The curse of the Law keeps man in bondage to his flesh and exposes sin. It is impossible to escape from the curse of the Law. Those who believe were born of the free woman but were kept under guardianship by the law until the appointed time when they were to believe. But if you were born of the slave women, than I would infer that they are the vessel's of wrath being prepared for destruction as Paul states in Romans 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back