A recommended biography on Susanna Wesley, or other godly mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solparvus

Puritan Board Senior
Brothers and sisters,

The request for a recommended biography on Susanna Wesley begs another question--my wife and I are expecting our first child! We have been listening to Albert Martin's series "How Not to Foul Up the Training of your Children." Having just finished one of her devotional books Lydia wants to begin a book that's along the same lines as our recent studies together. I recommended she might want to consider working through a biography for her morning devotions, and she is considering whether to read on the life of Susanna Wesley. She seems to have left a good legacy to her children, seeing as they highly respected her. Would you brothers have a recommendation of a biography on the life of Susanna Wesley, particularly on motherhood and raising children?

If you have any other suggestions on biographies of godly women and homemaking (ie. Sarah Edwards or others) we are open to those suggestions too.

Thank you all for the suggestions, and the congratulations!

Lydia has read Marriage to a Difficult Man. I never heard of the Susannah Spurgeon book before. She might like that. How much does it treat and homemaking and raising children?

Update: Found out she has the Free Grace book.

Last edited:
I highly recommend Arnold Dallimore's Susanna Wesley: The Mother of John & Charles Wesley

Another great book is My Heart in His Hands: Ann Judson of Burma by Sharon James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back