A Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeachingTulip

Puritan Board Sophomore
. . . For more time to reply to posts without losing my log-in.

I have lost several replies to cyper-space, because I diddle around so much, and often get interrupted while posting.

(I know, I know, I can use Word and cut and paste, which I sometimes do, but the time allotment still seems terribly short.)

I don't believe that has anything to do with the board. I leave my browser open for hours at a time (even over several days) and it never logs me out. You likely have a browser issue, perhaps your browser automatically logs you out.

Ronda, mine sometimes does this too -- I'm not sure if I've checked the little box to stay logged in, or if that would have any bearing?

I have to log in daily, but only because I clear my cookies and Firefox won't recognize my handful of exceptions. But before I did that, I never had to log in for weeks at a time.

This is, in fact, a browser and not a board issue. The board is not logging you out.

O.K.

Thanks.

I asked because it only began happening since the upgrade; plus, I have posted on other sites that indeed had an automatic log-off after a certain amount of idle time.

It happens to me when I'm using Seamonkey on a Linux machine, but not on Firefox on XP or Vista.

It did, however, only start after the recent conversion of PB. And it doesn't seem to happen with other sites that require a logon. So I'm not sure that it is strictly a browser issue, but how the browser interacts with the new PB.

I keep the little "Remember me" box checked and stay perpetually logged in, unless I buy something online and clear my cookies afterwards for security purposes.

I am also having this problem and its only with the new PB (didn't happen with the old one.) I use firefox. I do check the "remember me" box.

I'm also unable to get into the Ladies Only forum unless I'm using IE. And I'm not able to post - as soon as I try, it logs me out.

Kathleen (and all). The problem is likely a cookie problem. Recommend deleting all your cookies and your Internet cache.

Kathleen (and all). The problem is likely a cookie problem. Recommend deleting all your cookies and your Internet cache.

I've done this - a couple of times - and it doesn't help. It may be another problem with my browser settings- I have a geek friend coming over for dinner tonight and she said she would take a look at it for me. If she sheds any light on the problem, I'll share. :)

I am also having this problem and its only with the new PB (didn't happen with the old one.) I use firefox. I do check the "remember me" box.

I'm also unable to get into the Ladies Only forum unless I'm using IE. And I'm not able to post - as soon as I try, it logs me out.

Kathleen,

Check your Options in Firefox. Cookies should be set to "Until they Expire"

View attachment 1528

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back