A response to James White by Samuel Waldron any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.L.Smith

Puritan Board Freshman
I got to say James White has a lot to interact with, with regards to eschatology, textual criticism, and epistemology!

Indeed!
My first thought was I wouldn't associate loose thinking with James White.
My second thought was- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think James White, Jeff Durbin, Kenneth Gentry, and Douglas Wilson believe in a "Golden age" anyway. In the sense that the golden age is a time of peace, prosperity, and happiness alone. Which it seems was Samuel Waldron's argument. They just believe that the golden age is that Christianity will be the dominant worldview.

Last edited:
What is the most dominant world religion?
Major religious groups
Christianity (31.2%)
Islam (24.1%)
Irreligion (16%)
Hinduism (15.1%)
Buddhism (6.9%)
Folk religions (5.7%)
Sikhism (0.3%)
Judaism (0.2%)
I don't know how accurate this is I just used the Google machine somebody might have a better resource or something.

What is the most dominant world religion?
Major religious groups
Christianity (31.2%)
Islam (24.1%)
Irreligion (16%)
Hinduism (15.1%)
Buddhism (6.9%)
Folk religions (5.7%)
Sikhism (0.3%)
Judaism (0.2%)
I don't know how accurate this is I just used the Google machine somebody might have a better resource or something.
For a start, Christianity here includes Romanism and EO (and likely Mormons, JWs, etc). Also, if almost 70% of the world is following one false religion or other (even before you count Romanism, etc), then Christianity is hardly dominant.

For a start, Christianity here includes Romanism and EO (and likely Mormons, JWs, etc). Also, if almost 70% of the world is following one false religion or other (even before you count Romanism, etc), then Christianity is hardly dominant.
Good observation, I wonder what the true percentage is today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back