A revelation of Christ is made to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Robert Traill (The Lord's Prayer, John 17:24), Works 2:262:

When was Paul converted, an eminent Pharisee, the best scholar in Gamaliel’s school? Gal. 1:14-16, It was when God revealed his Son in him. It is very likely that Paul had heard of Jesus Christ while a Pharisee; but it is certain that he hated him, his very name, and all that belonged to him. But when the Lord’s time was come to call this chosen vessel by his grace, when he intends to subdue and conquer Paul’s rebellious spirit, a revelation of Christ is made to him; and the rebel yields, and is made a loyal subject all his days. Would you know when you were converted? If ever it was, it was when you had the first view of the glory of Christ as a Saviour. When this sight is got, then the sinner employs Christ in his saving office, trusts him in it, and is saved by him.

Robert Traill (The Lord's Prayer, John 17:24), Works 2:262:

When was Paul converted, an eminent Pharisee, the best scholar in Gamaliel’s school? Gal. 1:14-16, It was when God revealed his Son in him. It is very likely that Paul had heard of Jesus Christ while a Pharisee; but it is certain that he hated him, his very name, and all that belonged to him. But when the Lord’s time was come to call this chosen vessel by his grace, when he intends to subdue and conquer Paul’s rebellious spirit, a revelation of Christ is made to him; and the rebel yields, and is made a loyal subject all his days. Would you know when you were converted? If ever it was, it was when you had the first view of the glory of Christ as a Saviour. When this sight is got, then the sinner employs Christ in his saving office, trusts him in it, and is saved by him.

I am forever grateful that the Lord choose to save me, as I had seen Billy Graham Crusades on TV all the time through my teen years, but did not connect my need for Jesus and to call upon Him until the Spirit revealed Jesus to me in College!

Salvation is of the Lord, and I praise Him that it is so. Heard much about Him, and even worshipped Him Pharisaically, but until the Father in heaven revealed His Son as mighty to save , then my chains fell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back