A Suggested Bibliography for a Historical Theological study of YEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
Now that summer is here for me, I no longer have to worry about reading what I have been assigned to read, and instead get to read what I want to read! (yes, I am truly a geek when I still want to read on my vacation from school)

So, I am wondering if the scholars of the PB can recommend resources on the following topic: The History of Young Earth Creationism. Thus far, this is what I've got:

Clark, R. Scott. Recovering the Reformed Confession. (not sure if this will be applicable, but I know he talks about Creation/age of earth, plus I've been wanting to read it anyway)
Darwin, Charles. The Origin of Species.
Lindsay, James. "Creation," International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, James Orr, ed., (1984). NOTE: First published in 1929.
Livingstone, David N. Darwin's Forgotten Defenders.
Morris, Henry. History of Modern Creationism.
Mortenson, Terry. The Great Turning Point: The Church's Catastrophic Mistake on Geology--Before Darwin.
Numbers, Ronald. The Creationists.
Smith, Frank J. "American Presbyterianism, Geology, and the Days of Creation," Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 4 (2008): 3.
Stranton, John Roach. "Evolution," International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, James Orr, ed. (1984).

I am particularly interested in the time periods immediately before and after Darwin and the publishing of The Origin.

Can anyone recommend any additions to my list? Books, articles, tips, etc. Anything is welcome.

Thank you!

'' The Green Eye of the Storm" by John Rendle Short (Banner of Truth).

Strange name, but it deals with the reaction/response of various Christian scientists to the "Origin of Species."

'' The Green Eye of the Storm" by John Rendle Short (Banner of Truth).

Strange name, but it deals with the reaction/response of various Christian scientists to the "Origin of Species."

Hadn't heard of that one, before. Thank you!

Edited to add: I read the review of it at BoT's site, and it sounded interesting and applicable. I ordered it, and look forward to receiving it. Thanks, again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back