A sweet spirit of worship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Hutson

Puritan Board Freshman
I am wondering if any churches out there have been experiencing a freshness of worship in recent weeks? It seems to me that God's Spirit has invigorated our worship and has chosen to move upon the hearts of our members, churning their souls and melting hardened hearts. For several weeks now, our worship has been sweet, emotionally stirring, and edifying. This last Lord's Day many didn't want the service to end. I received several messages today to that effect, and some stated how their hearts were lightened and warmed by the realization that we caught but a glimpse of our future in Heaven.
Our services consist of Scripture reading, 2 songs, 10-15 minutes of prayer, and then the preaching. That's it. But the songs seem to be sung with more gusto, the people more attentive to the readings, the prayers are spontaneous and sometimes offered by men who ordinarily NEVER pray, and are so humble and heartfelt. I am sensing and seeing that the attendees seem to be more focused during the preaching, and have witnessed people emotionally moved (even weeping) during the sermon. I have been in services that seek to gin up emotions and reactions, but we are far from that!
I ask for a reason: could God be answering our prayers for revival? If many churches are experiencing similar responses, could it be so? Or could it just be a special season for our congregation as our benevolent God is blessing us as the Spirit listeth where He wills?

I feel like this past Lord's Table at our church was accompanied with wonderful blessedness for myself. I would think others could say the same. I think it has been special that everyone in our congregation had been longing to have the Table again. Everyone loves each other's company, and loves to be at worship. Our pastor preached six communion sermons at another church, where they saw I think five conversions, and persons coming to Table who dared not before. He testified there was unusual power in that season.

Revival? It's the Spirit for sure, not sure revival though. But blessed! I long to see more fervent prayer for it, and to pray more fervently myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back