A website I'm really enjoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

I've recently stumbled across https://edwardsstudies.com/, which is where the Rev. Dr. Matthew Everhard of Faith EPC "geeks out" (his own description!) over all things Jonathan Edwards. It has been a fun place to spend some time. Pastor Everhard recently completed doctoral work through RTS with a focus in Edwardsean studies.

Figured y'all might also enjoy the site, so I pass it along now for your edification!

_____

As a side note, at the risk of derailing my own thread before it starts, it was pretty neat to learn that Pastor Everhard is a contributor to Yale University's Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia (being published by Eerdmans). I also wrote a piece for this effort, and hope to submit one more article if time permits. Have any of you fellow PB'ers taken part in the JEE?

Many years ago, some English literature course at Long Beach City College in Long Beach, CA, required its students to read "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" as part of the course work. I remember seeing the sermon in pamphlet form on sale in the school's bookstore. Most of the students read Edwards's sermon as literature, and I hope that perhaps more than one of them read the gospel in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back