This morning I received this email in a form of question;

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three
who
were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she
had
syphilis, would you recommend that she have an
abortion?

Yes or No

Sounds like an attempt at a trap question, I am sure it is ficticious. But our answer does not swerve. Always a no to abortion.

Of course she should have an abortion because we, as a secular humanist society, are moving to the point, and are already comming to the conclusion that the physically handicapped, mentally retarded, and sickly are not worthy of having life or living.

Of course she should kill the handicapped, diseased fetus.

Seriously, the question is basically admitting the pro-abortion stance doesn't value the physically or mentally handicapped, or the sickly and ill. Awesome.

Again, Puritanpilgrim is correct. It is a trick question intended to trap the pro-abort by "aborting" a musical genius.

No

I might add that I know a couple that had an abortion because the doctors told them that the child would be severely handicapped. The women has never recovered emotionally from that decision and keeps a "shrine" remembering the child in her home. There are serious repercussions to abortion even if it is "justified." (which I believe it never is)

Seems like a pro-life question trying to trick someone who is pro-choice and doesnt realize that by aborting babies they are essentially killing musicians, writers, etc that they love... Since no one in their right mind would ever wish Beethoven be aborted.

who
had
abortion?

Yes or No

It amazes me that those who would advocate for the right of a parent to choose to abort or not abort their child, also are unswerving in denying that same right to God to chose for himself who is saved (lives) and who is not. Why is it they always stand on the "rights" of man, yet deny that God is God? No need to answer that, I do know why!

Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaGratia

who
had
abortion?

Yes or No

The answer is of course no on abortion, but I wonder who on this board would have advocated that she should've used birth control (the aborting of the procreative process). This too would have robbed the world of a musical genius. Yet, most never think along those lines in regard to birth control.

I say the following humbly and not with condescent, since I once held to a different view. Yet, for me and my wife, we view birth control is a sanctified means of abortion, one that is not so murderous, yet still shakes the fist in the face of God.

It amazes me that those who would advocate for the right of a parent to choose to abort or not abort their child, also are unswerving in denying that same right to God to chose for himself who is saved (lives) and who is not. Why is it they always stand on the "rights" of man, yet deny that God is God? No need to answer that, I do know why!

Conrad

Very well stated.

I never knew that about Beethoven! I'm not much of a fan of his, but would agree, as others have stated, that abortion would be out of the question. Is there a source for this family situation into which he was born?

The answer is of course no on abortion, but I wonder who on this board would have advocated that she should've used birth control (the aborting of the procreative process). This too would have robbed the world of a musical genius. Yet, most never think along those lines in regard to birth control.

I say the following humbly and not with condescent, since I once held to a different view. Yet, for me and my wife, we view birth control is a sanctified means of abortion, one that is not so murderous, yet still shakes the fist in the face of God.

I would've supported her liberty to use non-abortive birth control. :up:

I would've supported her liberty to use non-abortive birth control. :up:

Tough topic, I do not lord my position on the subject over anyone, though I would not support non-abortive birth control. I have four children and it can be overwhelming at times and I have even desired from time to time to not have any more children. I have even tried to adopt the non-abortive birth control view because of anxiety and fear. But, time and time again it becomes real clear from the Scriptures that it is the Lord who opens and closes the womb, even when I think it is in my control it is not, this I can rest in. So for myself and anyone who would want my opinion, I would advise, it is always best and wise to leave yourself open to the gift of children from the Lord, if you can trust Him with such things;)

who
had
abortion?

Yes or No

No.

Again, Puritanpilgrim is correct. It is a trick question intended to trap the pro-abort by "aborting" a musical genius.

You're right, I've heard this before. It is Beethoven.

But even if it wasn't a trick, the answer is still

NO
Trick or no trick it proves there is a irreverent view of life if one would terminate it unless hindsight told them it would become a genius of some nature.

Someone stated earlier how the weak and mentally disabled are singled out for eradication by abortion, very Nazi-like but proposed as a basic right, Nietzsche would be proud to see the adoption of his superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back