About my WWJD? post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Seth, Matt and everyone else, I want to make it clear (as I'm sure you know) that I was not in any way trying to belittle our Lord's name. Rather, I was poking fun at the whole WWJD? movement, since, even though it is based on a good principle, in practicality I mainly see the movement as another one of those shallow, pop-Christian fads out of which people don't actually get any growth. So while it was the fad and not the principle I was having fun with, I understand your pointers, and why I should not even create the [i:629cbc850f]possibility[/i:629cbc850f] for that kind of misunderstanding of any statement I make, since those implications are indeed blasphemous. I thank you for your rebuke and correction, and want to publicly apologize for not considering the potential implications of my statement more closely.

In Christ,

Chris

Chris,

All is forgiven on my end. I personally understand how easy it is to make fun of stupid, pop-culture trinkets, such as WWJD bracelets, etc.

I knew you weren't purposely trying to use the Lord's name in vain. Like I said before, I wasn't trying to get anybody in trouble. I just wanted to get us all (myself included) to think about what we say before we say it.

I remember one of my English classes in college. My professor was a Taoist-humanist, but he did say one good thing: When we speak, we can excuse ourselves for saying something wrong. We can say "well, what I meant to say was...". But when we write, we can't do that. What is written in premeditated, read through several times to get it right.

His point was it is a lot harder to go back and correct something written that it is something spoken. He may or may not have been correct, but it always make me think twice about writing e-mails, or posting things on sites like Puritan Board. Once I hit the "Send" or "Post Reply" button it is out there in cyberspace forever. Do I really want my trivial little thoughts/complaints/amusements out there forever?

It just makes me think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back