Absolutism in the Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
A quote from the Two Towers (book, not movie). When one of the Riders of Rohan asks Aaragorn how to discern right from wrong in complicated times, Aragorn responds: "œAs he ever has judged," for "œ[g]ood and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among the elves and Dwarves and another among men. It is a man´s part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Nice.

Originally posted by Scott
A quote from the Two Towers (book, not movie). When one of the Riders of Rohan asks Aaragorn how to discern right from wrong in complicated times, Aragorn responds: "œAs he ever has judged," for "œ[g]ood and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among the elves and Dwarves and another among men. It is a man´s part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Nice.

I like that. I can 'hear' Viggo Mortensen's accent in my head when reading that quote. I watched these at least 10 times each while studying for the last section of the CPA...

Did you like the books better than the movies?

Don

Originally posted by Scott

Nice.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back