Accepting friends request

Discussion in 'Tutorials and User Guides' started by Huckleberrylane, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huckleberrylane

Huckleberrylane Puritan Board Freshman

Is there a reason I can't accept a friends request on here or am I just blind? haha! I can't figure it out!

2. py3ak

py3ak They're stalling and plotting against me Staff Member

When you see one in your notifications and click on it, it will take you to the administration page for that. You have to click the checkbox on the avatar of each person whose friend request you want to accept. If you don't click the avatar, then the page will just sit there in a non-cooperative way doing nothing no matter how many times you hit the button to accept friends.

3. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

I'll send you a friend request to practice on ;)

4. Huckleberrylane

OOOHHH!!!! There's a check box!!! hahahaha! Boy, do I feel blonde..... hehe! Thanks guys!

5. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Well from your picture you look like a blonde though I suspect you do not fit that stereotype. :)

6. py3ak

I spoke from bitter experience!

7. nicnap

nicnap Puritan Board Post-Graduate

At least you get them... :(

I kid, I kid.

8. Huckleberrylane

Haha! I am blonde, but it's been one of my goals to not fall into that stereotype! :p

9. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

I sent you a 'friend' request - first one I've sent, although I have gotten a dozen or so over the years - generally from folks who aren't active any more.

10. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

On a related note, I've never understood what difference it makes to have someone as a "friend" here. I say yes when asked, but haven't noticed that it changes my experience on the board in any tangible way. Would anyone less dense than me care to explain?

11. johnny

johnny Puritan Board Sophomore

Congrats on getting a friend request in the first place.
    I have one friend on PB (It's my wife, when she joined I begged her to friend me)

I know friends and Ministers who read puritanboard but they never join.
    That's ok, I'm cool with having no friends, just me and my ipad, crusin the theological debates.
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

12. CJW

CJW Puritan Board Freshman

That is so tragic, it had to be remedied!

13. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Look on your page under 'Activity'. There should be a tab for "Friends' in the next set of tabs. 'All' '(your name)' 'Friends' 'Subscriptions' 'Photos'.
    Folks you have friended show up under 'All' and 'Friends' as I understand it.

I said a dozen earlier. Looks like I actually have 14, but as I noted, most no longer post. I've thought about cleaning out the list, but I don't want to give unintended offense.

14. py3ak

You have a list of people you might be inclined to PM more frequently, I suppose.

15. Andres

Andres Puritan Board Doctor

I'm with Jack. In my early days of the board, I used to add people to my "friends" list, but through the years, it seems pointless.

16. VictorBravo

VictorBravo Administrator Staff Member

You're all my friends....

17. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

[video=youtube;hVa16y2Uoxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVa16y2Uoxg[/video]

;) ;) ;) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.