Adam and Eve were bald

Status
Not open for further replies.

rembrandt

Puritan Board Sophomore
Do you think Adam and Eve were bald since hair is dead skin cells? Also, Jesus might have been bald...

Rembrandt :scared:

If God can create the world in six days, he can certainly make Adam and Eve have hair!:)

I wonder if they had belly buttons... probably not, due to them never being in the womb.

not if hair is dead skin cells! That means that they have death in their bodies. I think the glorified saints will be balled. Thats why I am shaving my head as a result of progressive sanctification.

Did Adam and Eve eat anything before the fall? If they just ate fruits and veggies, did their chewing of them not kill the plant cells?

[quote:e0980b732d][i:e0980b732d]Originally posted by rembrandt[/i:e0980b732d]
not if hair is dead skin cells! That means that they have death in their bodies. I think the glorified saints will be balled. Thats why I am shaving my head as a result of progressive sanctification. [/quote:e0980b732d]

Isnt shaving the head an abomination?

I really think y'all are doing this to aggravate me. One more time, Numbers 6, cf Acts 21:24. Shaving your head is not an abomination...unless you happen to be female. :smash::banghead:

[quote:814780edbf][i:814780edbf]Originally posted by mjbee[/i:814780edbf]
I really think y'all are doing this to aggravate me. One more time, Numbers 6, cf Acts 21:24. Shaving your head is not an abomination...unless you happen to be female. :smash::banghead: [/quote:814780edbf]

Nah only funnin ya. Having a bad comb over or a mismatched toupe is an abomination.

[quote:a74e65df39][i:a74e65df39]Originally posted by luvroftheWord[/i:a74e65df39]
Did Adam and Eve eat anything before the fall? If they just ate fruits and veggies, did their chewing of them not kill the plant cells? [/quote:a74e65df39]

I wish I would have paid attention in biology. But wouldn't the cells just be broken down (if broken down at all) and/or used up as energy then the rest come out? Besides, it is all being used, not like it ceases to exist, just gets broken down. I don't know though.

Please reassure me that the follically-challenged here don't do bad comb-overs. I might have nightmares thinking about that. :D I do know a funny when I see one. My brain cell is trained to recognize wit.

Rembrandt:

If a woman's hair is her glory, then I think Eve had it.

Do cells have spirits?

If not, the process of life can go on with them dying/being replaced, and still "death" has not entered the world.

Why would Jesus have been bald, yet had a beard?

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by a mere housewife]

Doesn't the Bible say something about the spirit of a beast?

(I found it: Ecc. 3:21)

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by a mere housewife]

Actually...

Eve had long hair. Adam had short hair.

In 1 Cor 11:14 Paul makes the comment about "the very nature of things..." Since Paul is saying what is right - that is what is ideal- then surely this condition was realized in the Garden, which was the ideal place. :readit:

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by SolaScriptura]

[quote:52258718ec][i:52258718ec]Originally posted by a mere housewife[/i:52258718ec]

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by a mere housewife] [/quote:52258718ec]

Where in scripture does it say Jesus had a beard? Have you been looking at too many stained glass windows and classical art?

;) :tongue:

Yay! This is like my old college, where we used to try to determine if Adam & Even had navels & what Paul's thorn in the flesh was, some arguing with great conviction that it was his wife.

:rant:

The only stained glass window I can at all remember was straight green, and filled the church with this oppressive greenish light so that you always felt like you needed to surface for air. But yes, I did read that Christ had a beard (Isaiah 50:6)

:book:

SolaScriptura, I had heard from a Greek teacher that the idea behind "long" in that chapter (or at least in the verse about men's hair) is more properly translated "fixed."

:broccoli:

(This post has taken about three times as long as it should because of watching the smilies.)

[quote:2a01266322][i:2a01266322]Originally posted by JonathanHunt[/i:2a01266322]
[quote:2a01266322][i:2a01266322]Originally posted by a mere housewife[/i:2a01266322]

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by a mere housewife] [/quote:2a01266322]

Where in scripture does it say Jesus had a beard? Have you been looking at too many stained glass windows and classical art?

;) :tongue: [/quote:2a01266322]

Actually, it is result of Christ obeying every point of the law:

[quote:2a01266322]Leviticus 19:27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. [/quote:2a01266322]

Baldness is also seen as a sign of punishment by God:

[quote:2a01266322]

Isa 7:20 In the same day the Lord will shave with a hired razor, With those from beyond the River, with the king of Assyria, The head and the hair of the legs, And will also remove the beard.

Isa. 15:2 He has gone up to the temple and Dibon, To the high places to weep. Moab will wail over Nebo and over Medeba; On all their heads will be baldness, And every beard cut off.

Jer 48:37 "For every head shall be bald, and every beard clipped; On all the hands shall be cuts, and on the loins sackcloth[/quote:2a01266322]

Also, the suffering servants motif includes this thought:

Isaiah 50:6 I gave My back to those who struck Me, And My cheeks to those who [b:9b13696ffd]plucked out the beard;[/b:9b13696ffd] I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

Possible reference...?

Yes cells die, but that death is not the result of sin. Sin resulted in death where there was the "breath of life." Living beings die because of sin. Cells are not living beings, and their death actually promotes the life of the living being. If your skin cells did not die....ughhhhh.....

Phillip

in case they are, just think about your skin cells piling up and not dying! Your skin would be several FEET thick in a matter of weeks.......

:headscratch: <----- "Hey, where is my hair?"

:smash: <----- "Nope, no hair up here either."

:flamethrow: <----- "Try my new exfoliation regimen."

Phillip

[quote:5011c560a9][i:5011c560a9]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:5011c560a9]
Maybe Elijah was really holy.... since the kids called him "old bald man"

God must take baldness seriously since he sent mother bear after the kids!

-Paul [/quote:5011c560a9]

hohoho!

pastorway, do you think that Adam and Eve had dead skin cells on them? or would have their perfect bodies have produced the appropriate cells at the appropriate rate?

It was Elisha with the bald head.......

and I am sure that Adam and Eve had cells in their bodies that died. That is part of life. To continue to live, cells die and are replaced.

Phillip

Um, I wasn't trying to take the issue too seriously. I basically brought up the cell thing to stimulate thinking. John Frame asked us the same thing in Systematics.

I'm not sure who is and who isn't serious (except that I know Paul Manata isn't) but quoting the verse about the spirit of a beast made me seriously wonder... what exactly does that mean? Do beasts have "spirits"? If so, in what sense: if not, how are we to understand this statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back