Adam's dead skin cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoman

Puritan Board Freshman
So, weston stoler asked me this question and I want to know input about it. "If hair wouldn't be here without "Dead" skin cells does that mean that adam had no hair before the fall?" :detective: Thanks

What's wrong with dead skin cells? Would that have made Paradise any less "good"? Would that have caused such distress to Adam and Eve that their whole "experience" of God's good world was ruined.

Dead skin cells isn't a bad case of dandruff, excema, sin, illness and death.

Remember that it's "good", not the best of all possible worlds, which world remains in the future for Christ and His people.

The world was capable of corruption.

Adam and Eve didn't yet deserve the best of all possible worlds, because they had not fulfilled the probation, and also they and their offspring had not fulfilled the Creation Mandate, and built the City of God (godly civilisation) on Earth, leading to the introduction of the incorruptible world.

People ask silly questions like did Adam and Eve go to the lavatory, because there must be some people out there that don't like going to the lavatory :lol:

Now in this fallen world Christ has fulfilled the probation, and when the Great Commission, and the Creation Mandate, to the extent that it can be in a fallen world, are fulfillled, the world will be perfected by God in Christ.

Last edited:
So, weston stoler asked me this question and I want to know input about it. "If hair wouldn't be here without "Dead" skin cells does that mean that adam had no hair before the fall?" :detective: Thanks

Two points:

1. Why use current conditions as the universal standard? In other words, why does the empirical observation that dead skin cells accompany hair growth have any bearing on how things worked prior to the Fall?

2. Death of Man is not the same thing as death of a skin cell, (or a bug, or a blade of grass, etc. ). None of those things are Image Bearers in any sense.

So that was your point of asking the question. lol

No, I am listening to 30 sermons by Kim Riddlebarger about Amillennialism and he made a sarcastic joke about it and I was wondering if it held any weight. Did skin die and regrow before the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back