Added an AJAX Preview Post Mod to the Board

About that AJAX post dropdown thingy...

• I prefer it to dropdown the first post in Today's Posts

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I prefer it to dropdown the last post in Today's Posts

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Ewww!! I'm one of those people that complained about the hover text thingy too!

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I submit to my husband's choice in this matter...

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
OK, now if you don't think this is cool then there's something wrong with you!

You may notice the + sign next to the threads in the forum displays and in the Today's Post. I want it to display the last post inline with the display but right now here's how it works:

1. If you click on it from a Today's Posts or New Posts listing it will expand to reveal the first post of the thread.

2. If you click on it from the Forum Display (i.e. go to the Theological Forum and look at the threads there) it expands to show the last post in the thread.

I want it to display the last post because you can already hover over the thread to see what the thread is about.

What are your thoughts?

I've always known there was something wrong with me! No news there! Even though I voted "ewww", I guess it's kinda cool. Just hard to get used to.

If they didn't have it at the Westminster Assembly then it doesn't belong here!!!!

LOL . . . I like the last option!

Anyways, I think it's cool, but I'm not sure whether I prefer it to do first or last post . . . I like it way better than the hover feature, but not sure if I'd replace the hover with the drop down.

I voted for the first post because I am still hoping you will find a way to make the last post pop up if you hover over the last post button. I can't decide otherwise. Half the time I would want the first post and half the time I would want the last post.

I think though once I am invested in a thread I will just go to the last post either way. So I think seeing the first post is better because you are still deciding which ones are something you are interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back