Adding interactive quiz on Free Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
I have a kahoot quiz - external to the church website. It is really for teenagers, I want to add an html version of the quiz to my Wix website. I would normally use Hot Potatoes which gives me an html page to upload. Dont know how to do that in Wix - any suggestions??

I got 5/5

Well done. I am guessing you are in the Rennie Mackintosh Free Church. You should be giving students tours but making sure you have fire insurance ;)

What questions would you add? The congregation here has been slow to make suggestions :tumbleweed:

I was trying to think of some way to use the "Wee Free" graphic in the KahootIt quiz version. On mature reflection decided that while teenagers might appreciate the humour, the rest of the fellowship would not :rolleyes: It was the one thing I learned putting together the questions - the origins of the term (not the product) Wee-Free-web-600x600.png

This former FCoS(C) member got 5/5.

But I must ask: how did a Baptist as yourself end up as a Free Kirk web admin? :)

how did a Baptist as yourself end up as a Free Kirk web admin?
I will help out anywhere. I think that being confessional makes us closer. One of the things that has puzzled me is why the Baptist minister of Kirkintilloch Baptist Church became the Presbyterian minister at Tenth Presbyterian, Dr. Liam Golligher.

Talking at a meeting tonight I explained that we have a curriculum while other denominations are still wondering which way is up. I recall one BU minister telling me he had an article with some really new ideas on the authority of Scripture. My gut reaction was, "Really, you are still trying to sort out what was settled in 1689!"

I guess that those of us who are confessional are happy to stand on the shoulders of John Bunyan, John Gill and Charles Spurgeon. Those who are not want the latest paperback on how to do church from the likes of Joel Olsteen or Willow Creek.

I will help out anywhere. I think that being confessional makes us closer. One of the things that has puzzled me is why the Baptist minister of Kirkintilloch Baptist Church became the Presbyterian minister at Tenth Presbyterian, Dr. Liam Golligher.

Talking at a meeting tonight I explained that we have a curriculum while other denominations are still wondering which way is up. I recall one BU minister telling me he had an article with some really new ideas on the authority of Scripture. My gut reaction was, "Really, you are still trying to sort out what was settled in 1689!"

I guess that those of us who are confessional are happy to stand on the shoulders of John Bunyan, John Gill and Charles Spurgeon. Those who are not want the latest paperback on how to do church from the likes of Joel Olsteen or Willow Creek.

Regarding Dr. Goligher, see https://www.tenth.org/resource-library/articles/how-i-changed-my-mind-about-infant-baptism

That's great; I'm glad to see the work being done across churches. Generally in my experience the admin of a small church website is someone in the congregation or somehow connected, so I was wondering if you had more connections than your signature let on.

Well done. I am guessing you are in the Rennie Mackintosh Free Church. You should be giving students tours but making sure you have fire insurance ;)

What questions would you add? The congregation here has been slow to make suggestions :tumbleweed:

Well I'm afraid you guess wrong. Do you mean the "Greek" Thomson Free Church (Glasgow City congregation)?If so I worship near that church (geographically speaking).

I think some questions on the Declaratory Act of 1892 would be an informative addition...:think:

I put up a wee bit about the Church building which was sold, as the congregation reduced. It was not the first building apparently, that was the Baptist church which was briefly FC before the CoS retook the building. It is a really tangled tale.

One thing I have realised if that the Highland Clearances were part of the issue, hence the dissenting Free Church was strongest in the Highlands.
Declaratory Act of 1892
- looking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back