Ah! The joys of small town living

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBaldwin

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Couldn't resist sharing this little praise which reminds me of times past.

For the last several weeks, I've been dragging a wooden bed frame back and forth to the local flea market trying desparately to get if off my hands. (For you city folks, the flea is a country market where people bring the stuff they don't want and sell it to people who think the junk is a treasure. You can find just about anything you might need at a bargain price, too.) I've marked down the price, begged people to take it and almost left it there this morning. If my daughter hadn't offered to load it back into my van, I think it would still be at the flea market.

Anyway, when I got home, I got busy and forgot to unload the van. Later in the day, I went to the feed store to buy 50 pounds of chicken feed. (I really needed 150 pounds, but didn't have the cash.) When I opened up the back of my van to load the chicken feed, the woman who owns the feed store saw the bed frame. I asked if her if she wanted it. She said, she'd been looking for a bed frame just like that for quite some time. I gave her my price, and she said, "Can I trade it for feed?" Sure.

I went home with 150 pounds of feed, and NO bed frame. Only in Pickens, SC!

Well, some of us live near big cities and they have flea markets there too :)
well at least here locally they do anyway...at least in two areas of the city they do..but even those have a rather small town atmosphere to them..

But that is great news and Praise that you were able to trade for both of your needs to be met..even in feeding chickens God provides..

That is not just small time America we have it here to :) but then again compared to America our entire country is a small town:lol:

I grew up in a small southern town. I now live in a small southern city which is mostly composed of people who either think it is a small town or want it to become the next Atlanta. I'll take the small town, thank you.

We are considering relocating to a small ag community near here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back