Alcohol Dinner Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about beer brats? First soak the brats in beer over night. Then brown the brats and then add fresh beer and sauer kraut and boil the brats for about 45 mins. Have some of the wine with appetizers while you are waiting for the brats to cook. Have some port with dessert. Enjoy!

I can second this recommendation, but I would modify it: after browning the brats I would simmer rather than boil; you could also add onions to the simmering brats and use them as a side. I would also recommend being careful of the type of beer being used; I've never cared for stouts, porters and the like in this type of dish.

Ok. It's time for me to get rid of my booze* so I'm throwing an alcohol dinner party. I'm trying to come up with some alcohol themed food ideas to serve people. I need something for an appetizer, main course, sides, salad, and dessert. I have on hand: lots of beer (Shiner Bock), Pino Grigio, and a port- I can't remember the specific kind though.

Ideas?

*I'm getting rid of it because instead of having my mom yell at me or worse, I'm just not going to deal with her seeing me with alcohol in my house. I know it's weakness and fear on my part but I'd rather not get on her bad side when she comes to visit.

WHEW!! I thought you were going to get rid of hard alcohol!!!!

-----Added 8/1/2009 at 01:41:34 EST-----

I was pretty disappointed to find this thread here of all places. Sorry guys, but it really comes over like an anxiety to be just the same as the rest of the world, very cool with alcohol. But with the state of society today, I think believers do better to be total abstainers than risk causing any other person to stumble.

You just caused me to stumble; maybe you should rethink your position.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back