Alexander Maclaren- Exposition of Holy Scripture. 31 Volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are sermons, probably about a lifetime's worth. MacLaren (1826-1910) was a popular preacher, like Spurgeon, and his material was collected for publication. The sermons are not "deep" or technical. And you may find that he doesn't "hit every verse". Or cover every little detail. Even though the sermons were put into these volumes labeled by book of the Bible. This is sermon material. Judge it on that basis.

His style is basically evangelical. I dipped into the volumes occasionally in seminary. Once I used a thought or two of his in a paper I wrote on Ruth.

From Google:
Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander Maclaren - Project ...Download the free eBook: Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander Maclaren.
www.gutenberg.org/etext/7069 - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

[Edited on 7-22-2006 by Contra_Mundum]

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
These are sermons, probably about a lifetime's worth. MacLaren (1826-1910) was a popular preacher, like Spurgeon, and his material was collected for publication. The sermons are not "deep" or technical. And you may find that he doesn't "hit every verse". Or cover every little detail. Even though the sermons were put into these volumes labeled by book of the Bible. This is sermon material. Judge it on that basis.

His style is basically evangelical. I dipped into the volumes occasionally in seminary. Once I used a thought or two of his in a paper I wrote on Ruth.

From Google:
Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander Maclaren - Project ...Download the free eBook: Expositions of Holy Scripture by Alexander Maclaren.

Thanks Bruce for your comments !

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum

From Google:

See the message I posted in this section under "commentaries on the Psalms" for my pearls of wisdom about Maclaren (well, maybe small balls of rolled up aluminum foil of wisdom...).

Boy, that automatic moderation software sometimes really pulls out some insights. We know now that Richard rolls aluminum guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back