All That is in God (Dolezal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If God is the Eternal Creator then it appears that He is obligated to create, for how can His nature be that of a Creator if He creates nothing? But God was under no obligation to create.

Dolezal does address that. I admit the language of "eternal creator" isn't good.

Which Fesko work are you referring to?

Reforming Apologetics. While on the whole I think discussing apologetic method is the theological equivalent to huffing paint thinner, Fesko's work is valuable because he anchors his apologetic method in the Reformed scholastic. I have long said we need more material on using Reformed scholastic methodology for today.

I spoke to James about writing an article for us. He expects to have time around October.

What topics would be of interest to the board for an article?

What topics would be of interest to the board for an article?
Since Dr. Grudem has recently revised his Systematic Theology, I would love to see an interaction with him on ESS, especially now that Grudem affirms eternal generation, and has sought to clarify his position further.

Last edited:
Since Grudem has recently revised his Systematic Theology, I would love to see an interaction with him on ESS, especially now the Grudem affirms eternal generation, and has sought to clarify his position further.
Yes. I second this. This would make a great article.

Since Grudem has recently revised his Systematic Theology, I would love to see an interaction with him on ESS, especially now the Grudem affirms eternal generation, and has sought to clarify his position further.

The article would be a great refutation of Grudem. Grudem is right to now affirm the traditional Christian teaching of EG. He is wrong to continue to hold to ESS, and the fundamental errors of his theology are still there.

The article would be a great refutation of Grudem. Grudem is right to now affirm the traditional Christian teaching of EG. He is wrong to continue to hold to ESS, and the fundamental errors of his theology are still there.

Yes, but I want Dolezal to do it. :p

(For real, though, thanks for the article. I’ll read it. Dr. Joseph Pipa at Greenville Seminary gave a helpful talk about Grudem to open the Greenville Theology Conference this year. Dolezal spoke at that, too, oddly enough.)

What about a review of / interaction with The Mystery of the Trinity by Vern Poythress? That might be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back