An Interesting Book - I Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Someone mentioned this book in my Twitter feed, so I thought I'd take a flier and ordered it:

The People of the Good Faith: The Highland Church, 1690-1900 by Douglas Ansdell (Stornoway, Scotland: Acair, 1998).

I know nothing about the author, and all I know about the book is what I read in the very short Amazon review. But, it's not too expensive, so I thought I'd chance it.

Anyone know about this book?

Last edited:
Acair is based in my town, Stornoway.
Scott, you have been blessed with some tremendously godly ministers in Stornoway and the Highlands. I am reading the Diary of Kenneth MacRae for the second time and finding it a real blessing. MacRae was a minister in Stornoway for 33 years; prior to that he ministered in other churches in the Highlands. I hope this diary comes back in print.

Scott, you have been blessed with some tremendously godly ministers in Stornoway and the Highlands. I am reading the Diary of Kenneth MacRae for the second time and finding it a real blessing. MacRae was a minister in Stornoway for 33 years; prior to that he ministered in other churches in the Highlands. I hope this diary comes back in print.

Hi Stephen, I fully agree on Macrae's diary. On the back of a blog post I wrote last year (Here), I contacted Banner of Truth & asked them if they had any plans to republish it. They said they're sure they will do, in due course.

Hi Stephen, I fully agree on Macrae's diary. On the back of a blog post I wrote last year (Here), I contacted Banner of Truth & asked them if they had any plans to republish it. They said they're sure they will do, in due course.
Thanks Scott. Because I don't want to hijack this thread, I have responded to your comments on another post I had previously created "The Diary of Kenneth MacRae" on the Literary forum.

Translation: "Probably not in your lifetime, pal." LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back