Andreas Hyperius on the sins of physicians against the first commandment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Physician: Whether being with the sick, he have especially & before all things exhorted them to have a firm, and undoubting faith in God, without whom no medicine is available and wholesome.

Whether for recovery of his bodily health he have advised and prescribed to his patient any things that be hurtful and dangerous to the health of his soul, as all those things are, that be not warranted by the word of God, but directly against the remedies which the Lord hath ordained.

As when they prescribe unto them superstitious observances, peevish calculations and childish mawmetries [sic], &c. Also when they bear their patient in hand or make him to think that some certain Saints have power to send & also to take away this or that disease: as though God were not the only governor of all things did not depend on him.

For the reference, see Andreas Hyperius on the sins of physicians against the first commandment.

Physician: Whether being with the sick, he have especially & before all things exhorted them to have a firm, and undoubting faith in God, without whom no medicine is available and wholesome.

Whether for recovery of his bodily health he have advised and prescribed to his patient any things that be hurtful and dangerous to the health of his soul, as all those things are, that be not warranted by the word of God, but directly against the remedies which the Lord hath ordained.

As when they prescribe unto them superstitious observances, peevish calculations and childish mawmetries [sic], &c. Also when they bear their patient in hand or make him to think that some certain Saints have power to send & also to take away this or that disease: as though God were not the only governor of all things did not depend on him.

For the reference, see Andreas Hyperius on the sins of physicians against the first commandment.
This is good.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Mawmetries. I looked it up. Apparently derived from Mohamedism.

Right now I’m in an ER with my wife who may have a UTI. The care is professional, but the crucifix above the door is annoying... Seems like Hyperius speaks to our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back