Andrew Gray of Perth on our peace with God through Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
“We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” The Saviour came to bear the curse—to take away the wrath—to mediate between God and sinners, so that the child of wrath might become a member of God’s blessed family. He saw men separated by their iniquities from the friendship of God, and lying under just condemnation. He pitied their miserable case. He saw them ready to perish through the anger of the holy Sovereign of all. His errand was to appease that anger, and to save them from it for ever.

It was not in vain that he interposed. He satisfied justice—he expiated sin—he redressed the wrongs of the law—and made peace for his people. “There is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.” There is condemnation to others. “The wrath of God abideth” on them that do not believe. But such as are in Him have “peace from God the Father.” He gives them that peace. “Peace,” he has said, “I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

For the reference, see Andrew Gray of Perth on our peace with God through Christ. https://reformedcovenanter.wordpres...f-perth-on-our-peace-with-god-through-Christ/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back