Anglican Church in North America Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmay

Puritan Board Freshman
Can someone tell me about this denom? Are they faithful to the Scriptures? Do they have a mix of solid and less than solid congregations?

On their site they say they follow the 39 articles. Does that mean they are “reformed” in some sense? Would some congregations be more “reformed” than others? How unified is this denom in their theology?

And finally, how do they view the sacraments? Closer to Rome or Presbyterians?

I met a coworker who is a part of this denom and her church is being sued by the Episcopal church for their building back (they left that denom 13yrs ago). I realized I know nothing about this denomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a huge amount of diversity in the denomination. Some dioceses allow female ministers; some do not. Some are more Reformed; some are more Anglo-Catholic; some are more broadly Evangelical (including charismatic and progressive Evangelical). There is little consistency in belief, which prayer book is used, etc.

So it’s best to look at the dioceses rather than congregations?

So it’s best to look at the dioceses rather than congregations?

I'm surprised with the Anglican influence at Regent that you didn't become more familiar with the ACNA in your time there.

It can vary from congregation-to-congregation and diocese-to-diocese. From what I've seen, CANA congregations would generally be some of the better ones (and more amenable to Reformed theology), however CANA and its relationship with ACNA is in flux right now. Historically the Reformed Episcopal Church was more Reformed too, but they're drifting into Anglo-Catholicism. Churches for the Sake of Others is probably the most broadly Evangelical.

The Reformed Episcopal has had a bunch of Federal Visionists move over from the PCA. That more or less seems to coincide with the Anglo-Catholic turn of what was formerly a low church denomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back