Anne Ivy (Gryphonette) has been made a Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't really want me to be a pineapple of perfection, would you?

Think how intimidating that would be! How inadequate y'all would feel in comparison!

Really, it's a kindness on my part, making my clay tootsies visible for all to see. ;^p

I'm big like that, y'know?
angel.gif

She's a moderator? Next thing you know, they'll be wanting the vote!

Uh...wait a minute. Let me check my notes on that...

Congrats, Anne!

Good news from a far country

Is Gryphonette's ascent to moderatordom.

BTW are there any Canadian moderators to give the necessary leaven in the American lump?

Just curious

Tim

Mine was one of the first families in New France (Acadia) before the British took our farms and land and exiled us, made it illegal for us to worship and blocked us from getting work except to pick cotton in Georgia until we could escape and go back and fight for survival and settle Quebec.

But I'm over it.

BTW are there any Canadian moderators to give the necessary leaven in the American lump?

Just curious

Tim

Mine was one of the first families in New France (Acadia) before the British took our farms and land and exiled us, made it illegal for us to worship and blocked us from getting work except to pick cotton in Georgia until we could escape and go back and fight for survival and settle Quebec.

But I'm over it.

Just curious

Tim
:lol:

Isn't Canada in North America?

I didn't know USAian was common south of 49. If it's not used by most citiziens of the USA to describe their nationality and "American" is, you were equivocating.

I was born in Canada. Does that count?

I don't think you denizens of south of 49 are allowed dual citizenship. (Texas may be excepted but that is a special case.)

Congratulations, Ann!

Do all things with 'moderat'ion.

Behind every good man there stands a woman...

...rolling her eyes. :lol:

Mike

Isn't Canada in North America?

I didn't know USAian was common south of 49. If it's not used by most citiziens of the USA to describe their nationality and "American" is, you were equivocating.

I know. It's just that I've heard some countries get a little bent when Americans act like they're the only country in the Americas.

Right after 9/11, Celine Dion sang "God Bless America" at some event and I was listening to a radio show where one asked: "Isn't she from Canada?" to which one of the other hosts quipped: "Maybe she means North America." :lol:

I don't think you denizens of south of 49 are allowed dual citizenship. (Texas may be excepted but that is a special case.)

I don't have citizenship. I was born on an Air Force Base called Goose Bay Labrador, which is in Newfoundland. I was born an American Citizen and my birth certificate is a Department of State Report of Birth Abroad. That base was obviously nice for the Air Force as it was a pretty short trip over the polar ice caps for B-52's to bomb the Soviet Union but it's closed now. My parents have pics of snow piled 6 feet high there and, apparently, the base was practically inaccessible except by plane. I don't remember any of it as we moved when I was only 1.

timmopussycat;356476 [quote said:

I don't have citizenship. I was born on an Air Force Base called Goose Bay Labrador, which is in Newfoundland. I was born an American Citizen and my birth certificate is a Department of State Report of Birth Abroad. That base was obviously nice for the Air Force as it was a pretty short trip over the polar ice caps for B-52's to bomb the Soviet Union but it's closed now. My parents have pics of snow piled 6 feet high there and, apparently, the base was practically inaccessible except by plane. I don't remember any of it as we moved when I was only 1.

Then no, it doesn't count, and you southrons still need a Canuck to keep you in line. ;-)

Thanks for entrusting me with such an august position, gentlemen. I'll do my best to maintain the high standards you've set in place.
pup.gif

Speaking of trash....y'all are going to tidy up those desks soon, right?
eyebrow.gif

I did pick up some of the empty bottles around here the other day.

I forgot to turn off the TV though.:oops:

;)

I'm sure you will be a terrific Mod.

Congrats, Anne

BTW, does anyone know whatever happened to Janice Q, aka ChristianasJourney? She was a mod here a long time ago, but has been MIA.

Having known Anne in cyberspace for several years and having been slightly admonished and encouraged by Anne in the past, I can say she is most definitely an "excellent" choice. She's someone who knew when to draw the lines with this FV thing on another forum along time ago. She has been faithful in defending the Faith once delivered when given the opportunity. Good to see you Anne!

Congrats!

Thanks for entrusting me with such an august position, gentlemen. I'll do my best to maintain the high standards you've set in place.
pup.gif

Speaking of trash....y'all are going to tidy up those desks soon, right?
eyebrow.gif

Can't remember whether I officially congratulated you or not, so -- congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back