Announcing "In Living Color: Images of Christ and the Means of Grace"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyhyde

Puritan Board Sophomore
Danny Hyde has written an excellent piece on a very misunderstood subject. Through effective combination of biblical, theological, and confessional discussions, he has presented the Reformed view of the second commandment winsomely and attractively. He helpfully emphasizes not the negative prohibition of making images of God but the positive facts that God has revealed himself now so generously in Word and Sacrament and will one day reveal himself visibly in the most perfect and authentic way.
—David VanDrunen, Robert B. Strimple Associate Professor of Systematic Theology and Christian Ethics, Westminster Seminary California

In these pages, Danny Hyde argues with great clarity against all images of Jesus as man-made media. He shows that all such images are abominated in Scripture and roundly rejected by the Reformed confessional heritage without exception. Hyde goes on to argue, however, that God does provide us with His “media”—the preaching of His Word and the administration of His sacraments.
—Joel R. Beeke, President, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary

Amazon.com: In Living Color: Images of Christ and the Means of Grace: Daniel R. Hyde, Joel R. Beeke: Books

Wow,
You ought to see Danny's hair do in the video. It must be a California thing.

[video=vimeo;5125888]http://vimeo.com/5125888[/video]

It's interesting that the hairy Norseman would make a comment about another man's hair. :)

Wow,
You ought to see Danny's hair do in the video. It must be a California thing.

Ha ha! My hair seems to be the hot topic after everyone watches the vid. Hey, what can I say, whatever it takes to get 'em in, right?

That picture is worth a thousand words.... LOL

This is the old style hair cut I sported around in 2003.

At least it doesn't look like I scared my hair to death.
Randy2002.jpg

Just giving you a hard time Danny.

Hilarious!

My boys always ask me for a "daddy spike" when I comb their hair for church. We Irishmen take pride in our hair!

Not sure why there is that message as I just checked the site and it was normal.

Yes, indeed. I went back and successfully ordered your book. How odd I received that first message, but thank you very much for checking it out and letting me know.

:)

Ronda

Reverend Hyde, thank you for sharing this with us! It is a much needed resource......I know many people that will be able to profit from this book!

Why is it, though, that the issue is mainly concerning pictures or other images but rarely mentions acting as "Jesus" in drama / plays? (I'm not saying it's no issue for you, Rev. Hyde)

Why is it, though, that the issue is mainly concerning pictures or other images but rarely mentions acting as "Jesus" in drama / plays? (I'm not saying it's no issue for you, Rev. Hyde)

The book opens up with that issue.

Last edited:
I'm 22 and going bald.... you really know how to make another brother fall into the sin of hatred don't ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back