Announcing "Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyhyde

Puritan Board Sophomore
View attachment 1726
I am so glad to announce my latest with Reformation Trust, "Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims."

Ligonier is making it available to churches and individuals at their special "Spread-the-Word" pricing (as low as $3) so that it gets a vast readership among those who are interested and inquiring about the beliefs, worship, and life of Reformed churches. You can read more about that at the link above.

You can also preview the first chapter, "Roots: Our History," at Ligonier's website here.

Here are a few of the endorsements:

“In the providence of God through Rev. Daniel Hyde, you have in your hands an excellent instrument to use in developing the life and ministry of new members, church leaders, and all disciples. This book illustrates the blessings of the historical legacy of the Reformed church with confessional integrity to equip believers and churches with evangelical breadth and theological depth. This is sound doctrine for sound lives. The key to the apostolic church is prominently displayed and easily accessible throughout the pages of Welcome to a Reformed Church.”
—Dr. Harry L. Reeder, III, Senior pastor, Briarwood Presbyterian Church (PCA), Birmingham, Alabama
“As one who has made much the same journey as I did, Rev. Hyde offers a thoughtful and compelling guide to the distinctive emphases of the Reformed churches for those coming to them. He explains how those wonderful doctrines are worked out in the life and worship of Reformed and Presbyterian churches. If only I had had a book like Rev. Hyde’s Welcome to a Reformed Church, my own journey would have been a bit easier, for I would have had someone to ‘connect the dots’ for me.”
—Dr. Kim Riddlebarger, Senior pastor, Christ Reformed Church (URCNA), Anaheim, California
“Daniel Hyde has written an invaluable road map for pilgrims new and old so they can know what Reformed churches believe and why. With this book, Christians can navigate the often-confusing landscape of different denominations and understand what makes Reformed churches unique and, more important, biblical. Pastor Hyde’s work is clear, succinct, informative, and faithful to the Scriptures. I highly recommend this work to anyone who desires to understand the theological pillars of the Reformed faith.”
—Dr. J. V. Fesko, Academic dean and associate professor of systematic theology, Westminster Seminary California, Escondido, California
“Daniel Hyde’s popular introduction to the Reformed faith will prove a wonderful tool for busy pastors who are looking for help in welcoming new believers into membership in the local church. Welcome to a Reformed Church will also serve as a kind of road map for those who are new to the Reformed faith—to its history, confessions, doctrinal commitments, and patterns of worship and ministry. In its own way, this book is a great example of the kind of ‘hospitality’ Reformed churches are called to show to those whom the Lord is gathering into their fellowship by His Spirit and Word.”
—Dr. Cornelis Venema, President and professor of doctrinal studies, Mid-America Reformed Seminary, Dyer, Indiana

Hi Martin,

It'll be ready to ship by March 15th, I believe. Right now they are taking pre-orders.

I was moved and can relate to what is said about this book."Recognizing that many are on the outside looking in, just as he once was, he wrote Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims to explain what Reformed churches believe and why they structure their life and worship as they do." I was a convert to Protestantism and Reformed Protestantism only a few years ago. Even though I am now a confessed and communing Presbyterian Reformed Protestant I am going to purchase this book. I am always looking to learn more every day about what it means to be a Protestant and a Reformed Protestant! Thank you for this post and thread.

Pastor Hyde, is this written strictly from a Dutch Reformed perspective? How useful will it be to introduce folks to presbyterianism, for instance?

Pastor Hyde, is this written strictly from a Dutch Reformed perspective? How useful will it be to introduce folks to presbyterianism, for instance?

Hi Tim,

Ligonier published it because it is pan-Reformed in nature. Every chapter cites the Three Forms and Westminster Standards. There is nothing peculiarly Dutch or URC about the book, hence Harry Reeder (PCA), Mark Jones (PCA), and John Fesko (OPC) endorsed it.

Send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll send you something more than the sample from the Ligonier website.

Well I'm going to be getting this book. I am almost a year reformed. Still learning lots, so I am very interested in this book. This will be a great gift for my dad as well on His birthday.
Thanks for posting, now I know what to get him.

If I pay you directly, can you just send me a PDF copy ? :D

By the way, congratulations. :) I'm actually about to start a blog series on leaving your 'old church' for a reformed church, since over the past few years, I've seen many people struggle in this area. I'll be sure to recommend them your book too.

I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a consice book outlining the main points of doctrine of reformed Christianity. Something that has our doctrines and practices in one place. Is this that type of book? Seems from the website that it is more for someone on the outside, but will it be helpful for those on the inside?

I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a consice book outlining the main points of doctrine of reformed Christianity. Something that has our doctrines and practices in one place. Is this that type of book? Seems from the website that it is more for someone on the outside, but will it be helpful for those on the inside?

Rob,

When I write, I try to envision one person to whom I am trying to communicate. In this case, I envisioned the average person coming into my church for the first time. That said, as Dr. Reeder said in his endorsement, and I as believe, this book will be useful in catechizing a congregation and strengthening the people of God in the fundamentals of the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back