Another Niche Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVigneault

Bawberator
Bill and I posted this story at the same time. Bill has linked to the story on Fox News.

Cowboy churches, Hip Hop Churches, Emergent Churches and now here's a new one for the Church Hall of Shame.

I pray our children and the young people today can stop and turn around this horrible legacy my generation has left. Pray for our young people that they will take a bold stand against this. Pray for us that we will be able to turn this tide.

Florida 'Church for Men' Features Rock Band, One-Hour In-and-Out Guarantee

Saturday, April 07, 2007

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — No hymnals. No pews. No steeple. No stained glass windows. And no women.

This ain't your grandma's church.

Organizers of the Church For Men say that guys are "bored stiff" in many churches today.

The Church For Men meets one Saturday evening a month, drawing about 70 guys dressed in everything but straight-laced shirts and neckties. The service features a rock band, a shot clock to time the preacher's message and a one-hour in-and-out guarantee.

The church is part of a national movement to reverse what many Christian pastors and ministers are calling a troubling trend.

Studies show that men are less likely than women to show up on Sunday mornings, and the reaction has been an emerging testosterone theology of sorts. Churches nationwide are now reaching out to men.

What's next?

Church for Men

What's next? How about a church for pets? Church for families with chidren? Church for families without children? Church for left-handed croquet players?

:rolleyes:

Seems this is in response to David Murrow's Why Men Hate Going To Church.

Says Murrow: "When a man walks into a church, you have two minutes to show him that this is for him and not just for his wife, his kids, and his grandma. Everything about the church - the way the music sounds, the way it is lit, the way it is decorated, images and teaching - need to speak to him on some level. The nice thing about women is that they respond well to a masculine tone and imagery whereas men do not respond well to feminine imagery."

I rest my case. Pathetic man pleasing wimp. These are not men, this attracts self-centered boys who don't want to grow up.

Church for left-handed croquet players?

Bill, if you find one, please let me know. I'm feeling a little disenfranchised at my current church because they aren't responding to my 'felt needs' as a southpaw.

We've reached new lows in America. These are Finney's children. Once you decide you need 'excitements', where will it end? It won't end with the rock music and "One Hour in and Out", that's the problem.

On a more positive note, I have never attended a Reformed church where the men don't attend (except in a few divorce or widow cases). I don't say this to rub it in but to praise the Lord!

Bill, if you find one, please let me know. I'm feeling a little disenfranchised at my current church because they aren't responding to my 'felt needs' as a southpaw.

We've reached new lows in America. These are Finney's children. Once you decide you need 'excitements', where will it end? It won't end with the rock music and "One Hour in and Out", that's the problem.

Concur!

How about this novel idea: a Church for Christians! We could have biblical preaching, theologically-rich hymns, prayer, genuine fellowship, and a loving welcome of visitors. I know it sounds weird, but I think it might just work.

How about theologically-rich Psalms instead?

:sing:

:D

Michael

How about this novel idea: a Church for Christians! We could have biblical preaching, theologically-rich hymns, prayer, genuine fellowship, and a loving welcome of visitors. I know it sounds weird, but I think it might just work.

Seems this is in response to David Murrow's Why Men Hate Going To Church.

Says Murrow: "When a man walks into a church, you have two minutes to show him that this is for him and not just for his wife, his kids, and his grandma. Everything about the church - the way the music sounds, the way it is lit, the way it is decorated, images and teaching - need to speak to him on some level. The nice thing about women is that they respond well to a masculine tone and imagery whereas men do not respond well to feminine imagery."

I rest my case. Pathetic man pleasing wimp. These are not men, this attracts self-centered boys who don't want to grow up.

Maybe we'd do well to remove the decorations and images altogether. The preaching and the praises being left in their simplicity.

:2cents:

Church is about the only place one can find a godly, faithful wife. Don't kick the ladies out! :)

ok ok, we can keep all the single young ladies...... The rest goes... (Ducks under chair from all the wives) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just Kidding...

Michael

Church is about the only place one can find a godly, faithful wife. Don't kick the ladies out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back