Another Year Older, A New Pipe, and A few new Books from RHB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Puritan Board Graduate
Well yes it is true this ginger is 29. I have had a new pipe in my sights, which was special made by Savinelli (filterless) for our local pipe shop‘s 50 year Anniversary. Only 50 of these pipes in the world! I had help off until today, my birthday. My wife surprised me by ordering me 3 books from my own wishlist on RHB:

1. Lectures on the Book of Job (Durham)
2. Heaven Taken by Storm (Watson)
3. The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment (Burroughs)

Once I realized, I would likely soon be raked through the coals on Contentment, by Burroughs.....I said to myself: ” well I better buy that pipe before that book gets here”!:cool:

New Pipe:
D0D560CE-61E8-4CA7-A467-EE87BD46B9BD.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy your special day! What a joy.

Love the pipe. What are you going to break it in with?

I hope you enjoy your special day! What a joy.

Love the pipe. What are you going to break it in with?
That I have not decided. My close friend also bought one of the anniversary pipes. He usually keeps a rarer stock of pipe tobaccos as I am more of a “buy 1 tin, smoke it, and buy another“ kind of guy. So I hope to break my pipe in with him and bum off his stash!

That I have not decided. My close friend also bought one of the anniversary pipes. He usually keeps a rarer stock of pipe tobaccos as I am more of a “buy 1 tin, smoke it, and buy another“ kind of guy. So I hope to break my pipe in with him and bum off his stash!

Sounds like a good plan. I woke up extra early this morning (not planned) and fired up a bowl of 2012 MacBaren Old Dark Fired to accompany my coffee. Sublime.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite blend?

Sounds like a good plan. I woke up extra early this morning (not planned) and fired up a bowl of 2012 MacBaren Old Dark Fired to accompany my coffee. Sublime.

That’s hard to say now. My favorite hands down was Frogmorton’s Bayou Blend. However the company closed after a good long run.

I have yet to find a solid replacement.:(

P.S. I keep secretly waiting* for a @Scott Bushey cigar bomb.:p

Last edited:

I must give an update to this as a new recommendation for any serious pipe smokers! The fact that you will hardly be able to find it even to order online speaks to its excellence. My recommendation would be to sign up on a retail website that will notify you when the product gets back in stock. I know from my own local pipe shop usually the day that the owner makes his customers aware that he’s gotten this product in (batch released), he is all sold out by close of business. I had my first bowl of this with a friend of mine last week, and it changed my pipe smoking life forever (haha). Let me know if you try it or have tried it.

Esoterica’s STONEHAVEN , my new favorite toby of all time!

It’s made in the British Isles according to the label. My please don’t let that hold you back:stirpot::stirpot:

P.S. Pro tip (I wish): As you smoke a Virginia take some time during the smoke to lightly sniff the top of the bowl. Enjoy a different aroma that will take your smoke to the next level.:detective:

Last edited:
I must give an update to this as a new recommendation for any serious pipe smokers! The fact that you will hardly be able to find it even to order online speaks to its excellence. My recommendation would be to sign up on a retail website that will notify you when the product gets back in stock. I know from my own local pipe shop usually the day that the owner makes his customers aware that he’s gotten this product in (batch released), he is all sold out by close of business. I had my first bowl of this with a friend of mine last week, and it changed my pipe smoking life forever (haha). Let me know if you try it or have tried it.

Esoterica’s STONEHAVEN , my new favorite toby of all time!

I've got a bag or two of this stuff tucked away in the cellar along with a few lbs of Penzance. My local B&M gets a drop about twice a year and I usually am able to pick some up before they sell out. These are definitely unicorn blends that are hard to come by. I'm always amazed at the prices people are willing to pay for this at consignment shops like PipeStud's and 4Noggins. Supply and demand I suppose.

I've been teleworking today and fired up a bowl of MacBaren HH Mature Virginia earlier in the day while my wife took the kids to their Classical Conversations group that meets on Tuesdays. It was a nice and relaxing time at home.

Have a joyful evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back