Antichrist by John MacArthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I was surprised by this lecture so I made a video with a clip from it.

[video=youtube;JaUWyi5_ajM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaUWyi5_ajM[/video]

I was surprised by this lecture so I made a video with a clip from it.

[video=youtube;JaUWyi5_ajM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaUWyi5_ajM[/video]

The piece and lecture by John MacArthur is excellent and I hope all Protestants would view this piece. I am convinced the papacy is an antichrist institution and the pope is the son of perdition as the Reformers said.

Many thought after Vatican II that perhaps things might be different in the future. But the cruel head of the papacy showed forth again its true colors as the antichrist institution she is in the summer of 2007.

The Vatican through the papacy has torn apart Christianity because of its lust for power.

The Vatican described in a released statement in July 2007 that the Protestant and Orthodox faiths as “not proper Churches” in a document issued with the full authority of Pope Benedict.

The document said that the Orthodox church suffered from a “wound” because it did not recognize the primacy of the Pope. The wound was “still more profound” in Protestant denominations, it added.

It was “difficult to see how the title of ‘Church’ could possibly be attributed to them”, said the statement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Roman Catholicism was “the one true Church of Christ”.

The document said that the Second Vatican Council’s opening to other faiths – including “ecclesial communities originating with the Reformation” – had recognized there were “many elements of sanctification and truth” in other Christian denominations, but had also emphasized that only Catholicism was fully Christ’s Church.

“Nothing new is said, but it does clarify the way in which the Vatican has torn apart Christianity because of its lust for power. They remind us that in their view that to be a true church one has to accept the ludicrous idea that the Pope is in some special way the successor of the apostle Peter and the supreme earthly leader of the Church.

Christian unity will only be possible when the Roman church abandons the notion of papacy and pope and renounces its errors and pretensions and its false teachings and disclaims her bishop of Rome to be the successor of Peter and the head of Christ’s church.

Christians will be united and be “catholic’ in the Greek sense of the word when we unite under Christ only as our head of the church and follow the teachings of the Gospel as the truth for salvation. It is through Scripture alone, by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone for the greater glory of God alone that we receive salvation. Justification is by faith alone in Christ alone.

On a side note: It's nice to see Johnny Mac coming around to a more reformed understanding of truth!

If the Papacy isn't the Antichrist it's a pity it has so many of the features of Antichrist.

The Pope was over here in Britain and was treated like a walking talking idol by Roman Catholics and others.

He blasphemously aped Christ while he was here, not least by purporting to turn the nineteenth century Anglo-Catholic, John Henry Newman, into a "saint."

I am pleasantly surprised by MacArthur's teaching in this clip. I'll bet that it causes more than a few ruffled feathers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back