Any decent educational videos on the Mosaic Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched Man

Puritan Board Freshman
One thing I’ve always struggled with is conceptualizing the general ceremonial practices and arrangements of the Mosaic law. What exactly the tabernacle/temple looked like, the sacrificial practices, washings, priestly attire, etc.

For whatever reason, I just seem to have a hard time visualizing all this regardless how many times I read through the Pentateuch - and pictures only seem to help to a certain degree. I imagine a good simulation/reenactment-type video (perhaps produced by rabbinic Jews) would help me immensely as I attempt to grasp the rich symbolism, all pointing to Christ.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I don't know that I'd phrase every part of the explanation the way the presenter does here, but this video gives some decent visuals on the tabernacle:

And this:

Last edited:
Here's one more video, this one of the temple at the time of Jesus:

You can find quite a few things like this if you poke around on Youtube. A word of caution though: the theological bent of the people who make these videos will be all over the map. Lots of stuff comes from Mormon, Jewish, or just quirky evangelical sources. That doesn't negate their teaching value in terms of bringing you into the visual, but you'll want to exercise a lot of discernment about the explanations they give. Just my :2cents:

Here's one more video, this one of the temple at the time of Jesus:

You can find quite a few things like this if you poke around on Youtube. A word of caution though: the theological bent of the people who make these videos will be all over the map. Lots of stuff comes from Mormon, Jewish, or just quirky evangelical sources. That doesn't negate their teaching value in terms of bringing you into the visual, but you'll want to exercise a lot of discernment about the explanations they give. Just my :2cents:
Thank you!! I’ll definitely check them out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back