Any presbyterian churches in Perth W.A. that aren't 'calvinist but not reformed'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That part is in inverted commas. I want a church that is both reformed and Calvinist, not

"Calvinistic, but not reformed'"

:)

That part is in inverted commas. I want a church that is both reformed and Calvinist, not

"Calvinistic, but not reformed'"

:)
I see now. A web search resulted in the below congregation:
http://www.allnations.org.au/what-we-believe/

They claim to hold to the Westminster Standards. Now how that is practiced I have no clue. Seems from reading the website info, that they only allow men to be Elders (that is a good sign).

What, in your opinion, would make a Presbyterian Church “Calvinistic but not reformed”? The answer to that may help others give better recommendations (if they exist in that area).

I see now. A web search resulted in the below congregation:
http://www.allnations.org.au/what-we-believe/

They claim to hold to the Westminster Standards. Now how that is practiced I have no clue. Seems from reading the website info, that they only allow men to be Elders (that is a good sign).

What, in your opinion, would make a Presbyterian Church “Calvinistic but not reformed”? The answer to that may help others give better recommendations (if they exist in that area).

"We hold to the WCF but don't believe in the RPW, the Sabbath, etc."

The Free Reformed Churches have several congregations in the Perth metro area, all south of the river. The closest to Perth city itself is our Melville congregation. They just received their new pastor, a good gospel-preaching friend of mine. Might be worth checking out!

The Free Reformed Churches have several congregations in the Perth metro area, all south of the river. The closest to Perth city itself is our Melville congregation. They just received their new pastor, a good gospel-preaching friend of mine. Might be worth checking out!

I will. It's a 46km drive but if it's good then I'm Keen.

The Free Reformed Churches of Australia have a warm sister church relationship with my church - the Reformed Churches of New Zealand.

Indeed, we do have a warm relationship! In a couple of weeks, we have Rev. David Waldron (from Christchurch) coming here to Launceston for a 10-day exchange. I'll be heading over to Christchurch early next month for my side of the deal.

In a couple of weeks, we have Rev. David Waldron (from Christchurch) coming here to Launceston for a 10-day exchange. I'll be heading over to Christchurch early next month for my side of the deal.
Small world! David is a friend of mine.

I come from the opposite side of the Southern Alps to Christchurch, but spent my University years in Christchurch. I came to Christchurch as someone from an Arminian bacground, but providentially grew in Reformed convictions there.

It's a 46km drive

See, that's the problem. It would only be about 30 miles.

We are about 20 miles from our church, and that does restrict weekday involvement, so the distance isn't ideal, but a good church can be worth the negatives.

I'll be heading over to Christchurch early next month for my side of the deal.
I meant to say trust your time in Christchurch is a time of real blessing. David's church has a new building, they rebuilt after the earthquakes.

Christchurch is a beautiful city. The sad thing, like much of secular New Zealand, people are blinded to their spiritual state. The Christchurch earthquakes killed 185 people, yet people still are blinded to the need of a Saviour - even though they witnessed much death and destruction in their city.

There are 4 Reformed Church congregations in the greater Christchurch region so I am sure you will have warm fellowship with other ministers and elders.

A journey over the beautiful Southern Alps is a must. The 3 1/2 hour journey from Christchurch to my home town of Hokitika with take you over the fertile Canterbury plains, through alpine mountain scenery, then through the rain forests of Westland. Hokitika is a popular tourist town famous for its glassblowing, greenstone calving (a beautiful stone found only in New Zealand's Westland region), and other activities. The town gives you the best views of the maestic Southern Alps :)

Have a blessed time in the South Island.

Recently I preached at:

Covenant Bible Presbyterian Church in Attadale and Perth Free Presbyterian Church in Padbury. Both are confessionally reformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back