Any recommendations for a large print NKJV bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHall720

Puritan Board Freshman
I grew up with the KJV. I'm at a point where I need larger than average print. I already have one in ESV but want something closer to the KJV. Font size probably 11 or 12 maybe. Don't need to Giant size print. Also want all the print in black, with double columns.
Thanks for any specific ideas.

https://evangelicalbible.com/produc...e-large-print-premium-leather-black-preorder/

Easy choice, my pastor has one, it's nice.

My suggestion would be to get a Kindle so you can adjust the font size as needed. I use an old Fire with the AND Bible with ESV with a toggle for Strong's numbers and one touch access to a couple of commentaries.

Nelson (and Zondervan) has really stepped up their game following their acquisition by Harper Collins. I can't believe I typed that given the issues with that company otherwise, but it's really true. (Nelson was already publishing garbage "Christian" books as well as non-Christian books when they were independent.)

Zondervan and Nelson basically led the race to the bottom in the 90s and 00s with regard to material and workmanship used in Bibles, but they've really been putting out some nice Bibles in the past year or so. And Zondervan is giving the NASB the same treatment.

I grew up with the KJV. I'm at a point where I need larger than average print. I already have one in ESV but want something closer to the KJV. Font size probably 11 or 12 maybe. Don't need to Giant size print. Also want all the print in black, with double columns.
Thanks for any specific ideas.

Are you looking for paragraphed or verse by verse, with every verse starting a new line?

I don't have any of the Nelson "Premier" collection and haven't seen any. But for paragraphed and double column, if your budget can stand it and if you can find it, I'd look for the larger original Schuyler Quentel (as opposed to the "personal size" or whatever they call it.) EDIT: It looks like these are available at Evangelical Bible, which is who makes the Schuyler and is the only place you can buy new copies.

For a nice verse-by-verse Bible that doesn't break the bank, check out Nelson's NKJV Preaching Bible which is 11.5 pt. One need not be a preacher to enjoy that Bible. I think it mainly has that name because it is mainly preachers who demand the v-b-v format since it it aids in finding verses quickly.

If you are on Facebook, there are a good many groups that are devoted to Bibles which can answer questions like these. And its a very good source for buying used copies of semi-premium and premium Bibles like these. A lot of people are basically addicted to buying them and will then sell them when they are barely used if at all.

I gave up on the NKJV years ago when I could no longer comfortably read red letters and almost all NKJVs were red letter. In general I was frustrated with the lack of quality editions that were available, with many having poor paper and/or glued bindings. And some of the ones that were and are available have smallish print, such as Holman's misnamed "Large Print Ultrathin." But in the last few years that has really been remedied, although none that I know of are at a "budget" price point compared to Holman's CSB offerings, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back