Any scale modeler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh

Puritan Board Freshman
Greeting,

I am looking forward to scale modeling of planes, cars and ships as an alternative hobby in an attempt to curb my internet usage (without interfering my duties to my family and the Lord, of course). I tried modelling before but it was never successful in the least because of my impatient character and enormous cost to buy paints and tools beside the kit.

So, any helpful experiences and tips?

I used to be more active in train modeling. 'Rona might affect this, but it is worthwhile to connect with other hobbyists in your area. There was a train modeling club I was part of a few years back and that helped me.

I used to be more active in train modeling. 'Rona might affect this, but it is worthwhile to connect with other hobbyists in your area. There was a train modeling club I was part of a few years back and that helped me.

Great! I do in fact like to stare at a train moving around my house. Though costly for such a hobby. I guess the average cost for a Hornby locomotive was around 100 U.S dollar, along with other accessories such as tracks and materials for scenery.

I prefer painting 1/72 planes and tanks instead. Revell and Airfix may be a good brand to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back