Any vegans in here?

Discussion in 'The Iron Chef' started by josiahrussell, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. py3ak

py3ak They're stalling and plotting against me Staff Member

Well done, thanks!

Certainly, all food production is going to require a lot of resources.

2. Grant Van Leuven

Grant Van Leuven Puritan Board Freshman

My family is mainly vegan (and as much as we can be, organic) due to what we learned with the Gerson Therapy in trying to heal my wife from colon cancer (she was 38). We began far too late, and we lost her September 14 last year. We continue to reflect what we learned about preventative health from the GT to protect and prevent sickness for our lives, and especially for the children. Diet is an important part of preventing cancer (any basic article on cancer anywhere recognizes this, even though chemo is pushed -- chemo only helped kill my wife quicker). When you learn about how your body works and how to best fuel its health, there is an ethical element just as when you learn what smoking cigarettes will do to you (the WLC 135 and 136 teaches it is our duty to preserve and protect life, and a vegan diet is especially effective in doing so). I do recognize the Bible allows eating meat (it is not unlawful). But there are other considerations pre-Fall and how the Creator made our body to work, how He would thus have designed food (pre-meat eating) to work for the best operation of the body with everything we need in non-meat sources, and how we'll be eating in heaven (no meat, because no death - a result of sin) that should at least give us pause to consider how to best work with our body in the mean time. Dealing with objections to how a vegan diet could provide proper protein, etc., I began studying the Word to consider these kind of things. Here's a devotion I did with our family (including extended members who were fighting us on this new diet for the children): http://puritanchurch.com/daniel-diet-devotion/ By the way, we feel way better when we eat vegan, and we just got back from a 5-week trip overseas and couldn't WAIT to get back to our own diet, which is mainly vegan. We don't turn away what we're given as guests, and we're not completely vegan, but we notice a big difference in our health and digestion when we eat mainly vegan, organic, etc. Also, filtering water of chlorine and fluoride is something to be paying great attention to (And avoiding excess sugar).

3. LilyG

LilyG Puritan Board Freshman

Isaiah 25:6
    "On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine-- the best of meats and the finest of wines."

Probably black bean burgers. :)

(Edited: Regarding "no meat in heaven")

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. George Bailey

George Bailey Puritan Board Freshman

Just out of curiosity, how do you take the Lord's Supper?

5. Scott Bushey

Scott Bushey Puritan Board Doctor

George,
    A sliver of bread is inconsequential in the Paleo diet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.