Any vegans in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made me look.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/southeast-asia-pacific/australia

He probably doesn't eat much of the cat and dog food, but we probably get him with fresh fruit.

Well done, thanks!

Ruben, I'll stand by my general point. Australian farming is modern and westernized with soil depletion, chemical sprays, and aquifer depletion. It is happening all over the world. "The earth will wear out like a garment". Creation is groaning. It isn't just meat production, it is plant production as well.

Certainly, all food production is going to require a lot of resources.

My family is mainly vegan (and as much as we can be, organic) due to what we learned with the Gerson Therapy in trying to heal my wife from colon cancer (she was 38). We began far too late, and we lost her September 14 last year. We continue to reflect what we learned about preventative health from the GT to protect and prevent sickness for our lives, and especially for the children. Diet is an important part of preventing cancer (any basic article on cancer anywhere recognizes this, even though chemo is pushed -- chemo only helped kill my wife quicker). When you learn about how your body works and how to best fuel its health, there is an ethical element just as when you learn what smoking cigarettes will do to you (the WLC 135 and 136 teaches it is our duty to preserve and protect life, and a vegan diet is especially effective in doing so). I do recognize the Bible allows eating meat (it is not unlawful). But there are other considerations pre-Fall and how the Creator made our body to work, how He would thus have designed food (pre-meat eating) to work for the best operation of the body with everything we need in non-meat sources, and how we'll be eating in heaven (no meat, because no death - a result of sin) that should at least give us pause to consider how to best work with our body in the mean time. Dealing with objections to how a vegan diet could provide proper protein, etc., I began studying the Word to consider these kind of things. Here's a devotion I did with our family (including extended members who were fighting us on this new diet for the children): http://puritanchurch.com/daniel-diet-devotion/ By the way, we feel way better when we eat vegan, and we just got back from a 5-week trip overseas and couldn't WAIT to get back to our own diet, which is mainly vegan. We don't turn away what we're given as guests, and we're not completely vegan, but we notice a big difference in our health and digestion when we eat mainly vegan, organic, etc. Also, filtering water of chlorine and fluoride is something to be paying great attention to (And avoiding excess sugar).

Isaiah 25:6
"On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine-- the best of meats and the finest of wines."

Probably black bean burgers. :)

(Edited: Regarding "no meat in heaven")

Last edited:
In fact, eating meat and saturated fats is better for u. Can I get a shout out to my pal, BACON? I have been paleo for 7 years. I work in the medical field and have access to all sorts of physicians. The school of thought has shifted 180 degrees. Whereas, the thinking was, more grains and veggies vs meat and saturated fats, has now digressed. The thinking is, we are all low on fat from low fat eating, been gorged with fake fats and vegetable oils to the degree where we all have a level of early alzheimers and the level of inflamation is the majority of the population is ridiculous.

7 years ago, I had htn. I was put on Norvasc. I was inflamed; my crp was off the charts-the docs I knew looked at me as if I was a circus act. As well, pre-diabetic; my triglycerides were greater than 700!

I went Paleo on the suggestion of a nephrologist I know. I am now his poster child. I lost 30 lbs-off blood pressure meds, my chemistry is within normal limits now. I only use good fats, coconut oil, avacado oil, grapessed oil. No grains to speak of except rice-I tolerate rice, just fine.

But yea, no, the thinking that meat and saturated fats is bad for you is old school; in fact google it! Ask the docs.

My paleo chain mail if interested: https://www.facebook.com/notes/scott-bushey/my-paleo-chain-mail/10152273344660092/

Just out of curiosity, how do you take the Lord's Supper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back