Anybody read Craig Bartholomew's "Contours of the Kuyperian Tradition: A Systematic Introduction"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my friends are reading it. It's good in some of the technical element. It addresses all of the relevant aspects of Kuyper, but I've been told there is a subtle "progressive" streak in the book. That makes sense, since there are two Kuypers within the man himself. There is the common grace Kuyper and the antithesis Kuyper.

The book should be good, and Bartholomew is a good scholar

Some of my friends are reading it. It's good in some of the technical element. It addresses all of the relevant aspects of Kuyper, but I've been told there is a subtle "progressive" streak in the book. That makes sense, since there are two Kuypers within the man himself. There is the common grace Kuyper and the antithesis Kuyper.

The book should be good, and Bartholomew is a good scholar
O ok thats good heads up. I actually heard the same "progressive" notes as well (in context of Mother Theresa, Catholicism, Islam, etc.)...

In other news, I follow "Common Grace" (and LOVE it), but what are we saying when we are speaking about "Antithesis"?

Lastly, why is it that you are so informed on the Kuyper stuff? Is that one of the areas you lean, or is it one of many? I ask because I actually knew that you would be the one to respond to this (and was grateful)

Lastly, why is it that you are so informed on the Kuyper stuff? Is that one of the areas you lean, or is it one of many? I ask because I actually knew that you would be the one to respond to this (and was grateful)

I came to the Reformed faith via some conservative Kuyperians. I went through the audio of Knudsen's course three or four times.

When we speak of antithesis, we speak of the line of opposition. Those whom the Holy Spirit has regenerated and those whom he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back