Anyone Else Stock up Up During RHB's Moving Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathco

Puritan Board Sophomore
Reformation Heritage Books is having a fantastic moving sale right now. Did anyone else stock up on new books?

Here's what I picked up:
  • A Brief Compendium of Bible Truth (Alexander)
  • What Is a Reformed Church? (Watts)
  • The Practice of Faith, Hope and Love - Classics of Reformed Spirituality (Udemans)
  • The True Doctrine of the Sabbath: or, Sabbathum Veteris et Novi Testamenti (Bownd)
  • The Judgment and Destruction of Jerusalem - 2 Volumes in 1 (Patton / Holford)
  • Counsel to Gospel Ministers (Brown)
  • Pentecostal Outpourings: Revival and the Reformed Tradition (Smart)
  • Ephesians: The Lectio Continua Expository Commentary on the New Testament (Hamilton)
  • M'Cheyne’s Dundee (McLennan)
  • Still Protesting: Why the Reformation Matters (Hart)
  • Romans: The Lectio Continua Expository Commentary on the New Testament (Fesko)
  • A Tender Lion: The Life, Ministry, and Message of J.C. Ryle (Rogers)
  • A Practical Exposition on the Ten Commandments (Durham)
  • The Evidences of Christianity (Dagg)
  • The Reign of Grace: From Its Rise to Its Consummation (Booth)
  • The Life of Archibald Alexander, D. D. (Alexander)
  • Faith Alone: The Evangelical Doctrine of Justification (Sproul)
  • Meet the Puritans (Beeke)

My reading list grows ever longer... :book2:

I manfully resisted. I already own more good books than I'll likely finish in my lifetime!
You're a better man than me... I committed to reading Calvin's Institutes and Vos' Reformed Dogmatics this year, and I am only half way through the Institutes and have not even started Vos yet.

I may not get to my new acquisitions for a bit yet. :chained:

I too have resisted the sale. I exhausted my book allowance for the month of May sometime in April. Lol.

I'm behind in my reading and still have a small stack to get through. I also order books for the library I work for so I always have a steady stream of new titles so I'm tempted but will resist

I manfully resisted. I already own more good books than I'll likely finish in my lifetime!
On the one hand I certainly have many more books than I can get through in however long I have beyond my 72 years, but I didn't quite resist. :tumbleweed:

A Discourse Concerning Old Age (Steele)
9781594421808​
1​
The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible - Large Print Leather-Like (Black)
9781601784384​
1​
Divine Rule Maintained: Anthony Burgess, Covenant Theology, and the Place of the Law in Reformed Scholasticism (Casselli)
9781601783509​
1​
A Commentary upon the Book of the Revelation: Volume 2, Lectures on Chapters 4–11 (Durham)
9781601788610​

On the one hand I certainly have many more books than I can get through in however long I have beyond my 72 years, but I didn't quite resist. :tumbleweed:

A Discourse Concerning Old Age (Steele)
9781594421808​
1​
The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible - Large Print Leather-Like (Black)
9781601784384​
1​
Divine Rule Maintained: Anthony Burgess, Covenant Theology, and the Place of the Law in Reformed Scholasticism (Casselli)
9781601783509​
1​
A Commentary upon the Book of the Revelation: Volume 2, Lectures on Chapters 4–11 (Durham)
9781601788610​
Solid looking selection, Jimmy!

Thanks for the heads up. Somehow I had overlooked it.

One problem with sales like this is the tendency to buy a bunch of stuff that you wouldn't otherwise, and it ends up gathering dust.

One on the list that I do recommend is "Time and the End of Time" by John Fox (not Foxe.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back