Anyone following the Popes every movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When thoughts of the pope ever cross my mind, it goes immediately to the words of that hymn...

Fading is the worlding's pleasure,
All his boasted pomp and show,
Solid joys and lasting treasure,
None but Zion's children know.

DTK

I dont think Olesteen is jealous- he will right a new book

"your best life now 2"
~because i didnt get it right the first time"

Our local news interviewed a small girl (maybe 9 or 10) and asked her what it was like seeing the Pope. She said "It's like seeing Jesus on Earth!"

I wanted to vomit.

:barfy:

Its horrible. I cant even construct a proper sentence while reflecting on this. Its just all fragments

I detest. He's a mere man! How sad. Don't people understand the idol they make of this man? Maybe i meant "god" instead of idol.

Just various things like that. It truly is sad brother. :(

If the Pope was a servant of Christ and a godly man, he would not allow people to treat him as God. He would want people to give glory to God and not himself.

In the "Devil Wears Prada" category, if you wore his Prada red shoes, maybe you would think you were divine too (or that at least your name was "Papa J. Flash," or "Treacherous J. Dogg," or even "Pimp Daddy Joseph Wicked.")

devilwearsprada.jpg

SHOES.jpg

In the "Devil Wears Prada" category, if you wore his Prada red shoes, maybe you would think you were divine too (or that at least your name was "Papa J. Flash," or "Treacherous J. Dogg," or even "Pimp Daddy Joseph Wicked.")

devilwearsprada.jpg

SHOES.jpg

Where are the fashion police when you need them? Red shoes really do not match the garments that the Pope is wearing. :judge:

Andrew, I feel for you...glad not to have to deal with that mess (the swooning, extra traffic, etc).

I will admit I caught some mentionings of him, only because it happened to be part of the news I was trying to watch. I was disgusted with some of what I heard and saw. Him receiving a Seder platter (I would be offended if I were Jewish) and a woman commenting how wonderful (swoon) it is to get close to someone that is "sooo close to God in their daily life and prayers that they can attract the Holy Spirit" (gag...doctrine is so far off in left field...).

I saw the end of the mass at St. Patrick's earlier today. Nuns and others were jumping out into the aisle and trying to touch him the way some would try to do with their favorite rock star or sports idol. Security kept knocking them back.

If the Pope was a servant of Christ and a godly man, he would not allow people to treat him as God. He would want people to give glory to God and not himself.

But it is the grand papal tradition:

"You know that I am the Holy Father, the representative of God on the earth, the Vicar of Christ, which means that I am God on the earth." -- Pope Pius XI

"There is no other Ceaser, nor king, nor emperor, than I, the Sovereign Pontiff and successor of the Apostles." -- Pope Boniface VIII

"He (the Pope] alone promulgates law. He alone is absolved from all law. He alone sits in the chair of St. Peter, not as mere man, but as man and God...His will is law; what he pleases has the force of law." -- Pope JohnXXII

I saw the end of the mass at St. Patrick's earlier today. Nuns and others were jumping out into the aisle and trying to touch him the way some would try to do with their favorite rock star or sports idol. Security kept knocking them back.

Indeed... I suspect a touch of his robe is deemed to remit some portion of their purgatory sentences....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back