Anyone want to answer this Arminian's Lame Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupotea

Puritan Board Junior
Anyone want to answer this Arminian\'s Lame Questions?

I found this on one of those left-wing psychopathic arminian websites full of bizarre claims like "Calvinists are going to Hell" and other stuff like that. If anyone cares to respond to these, I'll email the web administrator with some answers. The fact that it is written to "extreme" Calvinists makes me laugh. Alot.

Questions For Extreme Calvinists

The following questions were written by Michael J. Penfold, Proprietor of Penfold Book and Bible House in England.

1. Why do we preach "œrepent or perish" when the non-elect can´t repent and the elect can´t perish?

2. How can God hold the non-elect responsible for "œnot believing" and damn them for it, when He deliberately did not give them the faith to enable them to believe in the first place?

How can God fault them for disobeying the gospel if they are totally unable to obey it?

3. If Christ has already made an efficacious atonement for the sins of an elect person, is that elect person actually lost during the period prior to their being saved?

4. During the period before an elect person gets saved, how are they condemned already (for not believing) when their unbelief (which is a sin) has already been paid for by Christ on the cross?

5. If repentance is a gift only given to the elect, what did Jesus mean when He said that some of the people in hell would have repented if they had had the same opportunity as the people to whom He preached?

6. Why does the Spirit of God strive and convict some sinners who later prove, by dying and going to hell, that they were non-elect? What is the purpose of such movings of the Spirit?

7. If the following is true:

a. John Smith is deliberately foreordained to commit sin
b. Is hated by God before He is born
c. Is predestined to go to hell before he is born
d. Cannot repent because God deliberately refuses to give him the gift of repentance
e. Cannot believe because God deliberately refuses to give him the gift of faith
f. Was not, is not and never will be loved by God in the slightest degree
g. Was deliberately excluded from the group of people Jesus died for on the cross so that salvation was intentionally and for ever put completely out of his reach:

Then, how is it John Smith´s fault that he will end up burning forever in the lake of fire?

Fixed the title

[Edited on 20-10-2004 by puritansailor]

Oh my.............The reason you haven't received any responses is because the challenges are ridiculous. What bible is this person reading???

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

[Edited on 10-19-2004 by Scott Bushey]

Adam:

Oh my.............The reason you haven't received any responses is because the challenges are ridiculous. What bible is this person reading???

Ditto what Scott said.

It's not Calvinism that's being addressed here, but rather a poor imitation. And its not an objection to the faith, it is a sneer. What's to answer?

Adam,
I was thinking about your question on the train ride to work this morning. I happened to come across a 3x5 card in my Bible cover pocket that was handed out by the Pastor at a Bible study that I attended recently - to be used as a book marker. Here's what's written on the front and back:
Who saves who in salvation:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Jon 2:9 Salvation is of the LORD.
Rom 9:15,16 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:11 being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:4,5 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
Eph 2:8,9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Jam 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Act 13:48 and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Psa 65:4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest,
2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace,
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

Throw out...28 verses? |Rom 9?| Eph 1?| 2 Thess 2:13?|

As I read the note card, I was reminded that what we read in the Bible isn't always easy to swallow. Sometimes we need to chew on it and it often takes time to digest. The objections you posted from that website I think are valid (depending on their heart attitude) for somebody who is seeking to understand the truth. I don't think these truths are always easy to accept and I've at times wrestled with them myself. Bottom line, though, is we all need to deal with the truths as they are revealed in the scriptures, understand what's clearly stated, and then align our attitudes towards those truths accordingly.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth, minus whatever change comes back.

Bob

[Edited on 20-10-2004 by blhowes]

You guys are the bomb. That website that I got those ridiculous questions from just totally cracked me up!

Crazy Amrminian Questions

Well, first of al this guy is not a regular Arminian, he is a member of the 'Church of Christ' a group that was started by two disaffected Scot Presbyterians, Alexander and Thomas Campbell in the mid 1800's.

The reason the questions are so crazy is because this particular group does not make a distinction between the visible church and the invisible church or in other terms the church militant and the church triumphant. Its all on ein the same to them.

You can't address these questions because of the mind set from which they spring.....these people use a circular logic format where the presupposition is always the conclusion...my advice? Send him my repsonse and tell him to quit worrying about denominationalism, kitchens, orphan homes and the like. Then wait for him to go into orbit. Its always funny.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

Grace Farmer

Originally posted by CalsFarmer
Well, first of al this guy is not a regular Arminian, he is a member of the 'Church of Christ' a group that was started by two disaffected Scot Presbyterians, Alexander and Thomas Campbell in the mid 1800's.

The reason the questions are so crazy is because this particular group does not make a distinction between the visible church and the invisible church or in other terms the church militant and the church triumphant. Its all on ein the same to them.

You can't address these questions because of the mind set from which they spring.....these people use a circular logic format where the presupposition is always the conclusion...my advice? Send him my repsonse and tell him to quit worrying about denominationalism, kitchens, orphan homes and the like. Then wait for him to go into orbit. Its always funny.

Have A Blessed Day!!!

Grace Farmer

:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back