Aquinas on Romans, any standard Latin or English editions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,

Are you looking for one available electronically, or just the editors/publishers of the accepted, "authoritative" print editions?

I'll get you the latter information a little later tonight, if no one else has yet: in the mean time, if you're just looking to read a little, here is a link to a decent English translation of his Romans lectures: Romans.

-----Added 3/28/2009 at 08:09:15 EST-----

Also, for what it's worth, Aquinas' exegetical work is fascinating, whether we agree with his conclusions or not.

Last edited:
You might start here for a standard edition of Romans:

S. THOMAE AQUINATIS Super Epistolas S. Pauli lectura, t. 1: Super Epistolam ad Romanos lectura. Ed. R. CAI (8ª ed.: Marietti, Taurini-Romae, 1953) p. 1-230.

Chris,

This isn't helpful to you for his commentary on Romans, but I do have Aquinas' commentaries in English translations on Galatians and Timothy/Titus/Philemon if you ever need those.

DTK

As far as I know, the Leonine edition of the Pauline lectures is yet to be published: it will be vols. 32-25. This should become the standard edition.

-----Added 3/28/2009 at 09:11:07 EST-----

Just found this: Here is a link to Corpus Thomisticum, of the Fundación Tomás de Aquino. Do a page search for "In Epistolas S. Pauli", and it will take you to, obviously, his Pauline commentaries, the first of which will be Romans. It's in Latin, and it's the text for which I gave bibliographic information above, which, according to the same foundation, is the "best" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back