Are Hendrickson & Kristmaker Presbyterian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenzedek

Puritan Board Junior
I recently picked up a set of Hendrickson & Kristmaker New Testament Commentary. I happened to be looking at their take on Colossians 2:11-12 and wondered if they were Presbyterian. It would seem that they were since it appears that their interpretation would support a paedo-baptist view. Can anyone help? Are they Presbyterian?

Hendriksen was a member of the Christian Reformed Church which is Dutch reformed. Not sure about Kistemaker.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

So Hendriksen was a paedo-baptist but not a Presbyterian per se.

Hello Jon,

William Hendriksen was a pastor in the Christian Reformed Church (when it was not what it is now), and Simon Kistemaker was ordained in the CRC also, pastored for a while, and most of his life was a professor of NT at various seminaries, including RTS. He is retired but still teaching. A sound Reformed church is very close to Presbyterian (though many who were in the CRC have left for the URC or other churches that have stayed faithful to Christ).

Hendriksen is my favorite NT commentator.

Strictly speaking, I guess, whether they are Presbyterian is irrelevant to the question you're asking. Whether they are Reformed is what you really want to know. Church government vs. Reformed theology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back