Are the Judgment Seat and Great White Throne the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monoergon

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello,
I would like to know if the Judgment Seat of Christ/God is the same thing as the Great White Throne? If it is, I would like to know how we can determine, from scriptures, that it is the same. If I'm not mistaken, some people distinguish both of them (e.g. dispensationalists).

Any online articles is welcome, especially if it establishes the relation between both expressions.

This seems to basically your last question. Anyway, yes it is. As a recovering dispensationalist who has been in remission for 5 years I had to find my way to correct theology. Reading all the relevant passages that dispensationalists trot out, specifically 1 Thess. 4 I found no convincing evidence (even though in English) that this was a seperate event to the second coming (though, mind you, they say it is the first part of the second coming, if you can wrap your head around that). Jesus also never mentions a rapture and a subsequent judgment for rewards among believers rather just one judgment. One has to read into the text dispensations.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I was trying to figure out whether I should buy Sam Storm's Kingdom Come or K. Riddlebarger's A Case for Amillennialism. I am going to buy the former because he is an ex-dispensationalist and I think I'll learn some pretty good arguments to refute dispensationalism.

I can testify that Riddlebarger's work is great! It helped me come out of dispensationalism. I have not read Sam Strom's work as it came out later. I would imagine it to be well worth it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back