Are we in the kingdom of God now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staythecourse

Puritan Board Junior
I have a sermon to write and I realized I didn't know the answer to this rather important question. I can't think of a verse off the top of my head to defend that we are. I know some are "striving to get in," "Repent for the kingom of Heaven is at hand," Anything short and sweet to confirm that we are now in the kindgom of heaven

My intro states that we are given instruction on how to behave in the kingdom of God in his Word. Is that accurate?

Thanks

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Mat 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

Mar 1:15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Mar 9:1
And He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that there are some standing here who will not taste death till they see the kingdom of God present with power."

Mar 12:34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."

Luk 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
Luk 17:21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[4] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back