Are you ready? The rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
[video=youtube;2ByTPLXA1-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ByTPLXA1-E[/video]

okay, I will admit that I actually used to believe this. Praise God that He opened my eyes to the truth of the scriptures. I still have a long way to go in learning. Can someone please tell me how/when the teaching of the rapture entered into the church?

I may not have rapture fever, but I've got [video=youtube;-_f68Ho-0dQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_f68Ho-0dQ[/video]

:lol:

Didn't the teachings of Darby and eventually Scofield begin the rapture thought?
I think the "rapture thought" started with Satan. It's proven to have been an effective way to give a lot of believers an escapist way of thinking. :banghead: And it's created a lot of really bad theology.

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." -I Thessalonians 4:16-17 (ESV)

I just left a few comments underneath the video on the actual site urging people to start considering historical orthodox Christianity.

:lol:

But I really do sincerely and prayerfully hope that they do.

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." -I Thessalonians 4:16-17 (ESV)

This is a great verse! If I may ask, when do you believe this will happen?

Its a well made video, saddly spreading a mistaken doctrine,

but how about the clothes? I thought the clothes were also LEFT BEHIND...:lol:

I'd think Moody Institute probably had a lot to do with getting it into the average church pew ... and don't forget "Late Great Planet Earth" for moving it into the popular culture.

Within the pages of this elaborate forgery, Lacunza taught the novel notion that Jesus returns not once, but twice, and at the "first stage" of His return He "raptures" His Church so they can escape the reign of the "future antichrist."
I have heard and read this Lacunza story many times that he invented the rapture and what not, however I have never seen a direct quote from his book where he states this, nor have I been able to find the passage in his book where allegedly he teaches that doctrine. All I have read is that he teaches one second coming followed by the Millennium and then the resurrection on the unbelievers.

This verse refers to the second coming.

Didn't the teachings of Darby and eventually Scofield begin the rapture thought?

I read, a while back, that many searched all of the ancient writings from the saints and didn't find any kind of rapture theory, as been told today, except for ~one~ saint and he fiddled with the rapture idea. The old testament mentioned God came in the clouds 5 different times (correct me if wrong). Jesus is the Lord. God is the Lord. Isn't that the same? What bird told Scofield the moderned Rapture theory?

I read, a while back, that many searched all of the ancient writings from the saints and didn't find any kind of rapture theory, as been told today, except for ~one~ saint and he fiddled with the rapture idea. The old testament mentioned God came in the clouds 5 different times (correct me if wrong). Jesus is the Lord. God is the Lord. Isn't that the same? What bird told Scofield the moderned Rapture theory?

The dirtly little bird, J.N. Darby. (You can Google the name.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back