Arminianism vs Calvinism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croghanite

Puritan Board Sophomore
I need a good side by side chart comparing Calvinism to Arminianism.
Hopefully there is one out there that is very detailed.
Help is much needed and appreciated.

Not quite side by side but the Canons of Dordt were written to reject the 5 basic tenets of Arminianism. They present the orthodox position in detail and then reject the Arminian one:
The Canons of Dordt - The PuritanBoard

This is no good. They obviously did not represent the Arminians fairly since they never quote from them and I bet they never talked to them on the phone before they put this in print. Furthermore they have maliciously twisted their theology and persecuted them, driving them out of the Reformed churches.

Not quite side by side but the Canons of Dordt were written to reject the 5 basic tenets of Arminianism. They present the orthodox position in detail and then reject the Arminian one:

This is no good. They obviously did not represent the Arminians fairly since they never quote from them and I bet they never talked to them on the phone before they put this in print. Furthermore they have maliciously twisted their theology and persecuted them, driving them out of the Reformed churches.

Wait a minute. What are you saying? Are you saying that Reformed is not enough?

Wait a minute. What are you saying? Are you saying that Reformed is not enough?

Only if I get to define what Reformed means, and you either say nothing at all or submit to my teachings. No scratch that, we can't even have anyone think that I am not Reformed so just remember: "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."

Here's a good 1 page Arm/Calv comparison PDF with scripture refs:Here

QUOTE]

thanks everyone. I am looking for something more like the above with scripture proof text for both sides. I want to be able to give a FAIR comparison of both sides that also shows where in Scripture they find what they believe.

Anymore like the above would be much appreciated.

I guess you could compare the remonstrances to the canons of Dordt, but I'm not sure that today's Arminians would hold to all the remonstrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back