Art, erotic art, naked natives and p0rnography

Discussion in 'The Law of God' started by Pergamum, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerusalem Blade

Jerusalem Blade Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Is it not that we each know what arouses us with illicit desire? I do not look -- lingeringly -- at the beauty of the female form, save the woman God gave me. Do we not each have our path of holiness to walk?

I knew one brother who felt he should limit how much jam he would put on his toast; that was his faith, his walk. Me, I like to pile it on. Some things I can't/won't do which others can. Butter I can't pile on, as I have to watch my cholesterol.

Besides the clear Biblical imperatives, is not the Lord leading us each individually?

2. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritanboard Amanuensis

That's very helpful. I know that when I, for one, try to put absolute negatives on what every Christian can or can't do, I end up in legalism.

3. Kevin

Kevin Puritan Board Doctor

:amen:

Well said.

4. Quickened

Quickened Puritan Board Senior

That really spoke loudly today as i pondered this. Especially the part i bolded.

I like a generous layer of strawberry jam myself! But you have a good point and i think that it shows and emphasizes (at least to me) that the Lord is leading and working with us. That shows the intimate nature of the fellowship between a perfect, just and Holy Lord and his fallen creation. A beautiful thing.

A great follow up brother. Often times i do the same thing. I apply my struggle to someone else. I know fully as the Lord leads that i should abstain from doing things that the bible doesnt necessarily speak about and because i feel strongly about it (because of my own walk) I mistakenly sometimes end up being legalistic myself.

Something to further ponder.

5. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritanboard Amanuensis

Agreement #4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.